Red Blood Boiling

Rex Thunder

Red Sox fans are much worse. Arrogant uneducated scum that are more interested in picking fights and acting inmature than they are watching the game. I truly hate Red Sox fans and my best friend is one of them! At least some Yankees fans have a little class. Sorry if some of my adjectives offend but I HATE fairweather bandwagon fans.

Then you'll probably hate most of Camden Yards if the Orioles manage to produce a good team in the future.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately, it was the national audience that saw the sea of red more than the people in Baltimore who aren't buying tickets. Where is the pride... not in the team but in the city? When a game like this is on national tv, people don't just think the Baltimore Orioles are pathetic, they think Baltimore is pathetic. New Yorkers and Bostonians think of Baltimore as some little hick town that they can come take over at will and right now it is. That needs to change.

Not to mention the stores around Baltimore carrying Sox gear and the employees dressed in Sox gear. Baltimore has abandoned the Orioles because the Orioles abandoned Baltimore...

Living here in Washington state i never actually knew how far Boston is from B-more until i looked it up. I just figured Yankee and Sox fans were just a short drive away. NY is like 189 or so miles which i can understand driving that far but Boston is 400 freaking miles. Do these assholes drive that far to take over our park or are they living among you guys?

Living here in Washington state i never actually knew how far Boston is from B-more until i looked it up. I just figured Yankee and Sox fans were just a short drive away. NY is like 189 or so miles which i can understand driving that far but Boston is 400 freaking miles. Do these assholes drive that far to take over our park or are they living among you guys?

Southwest Airlines offers $49 one way tickets from Manchester (1 hr from Boston) to BWI...

In addition to the flights mentioned, it isn't THAT far if you think about.

To go to see the Red Sox, since many cannot afford tickets, on the occasion they are available, plus make a nice vacation out of it (despite the bad rap, Baltimore IS a nice town, at least in some places :P), driving that far is nothing.

Unfortunately, it was the national audience that saw the sea of red more than the people in Baltimore who aren't buying tickets.

Well, I know that it has been this way for years now, but maybe this weekend opened some eyes and things could change a little. Just a little.

We have been hammered in various media outlets for being Fenway south this weekend. I listened to a lot of the game on the radio, because I had to go out of town this morning. They were bashing us, then when I got home and watched the last few innings on TV, there were some references. I have seen a lot of jabs in newspapers as well. We have become a joke to a lot of people, but it seems like we are getting a lot more ribbing for this series.

It has infuriated me, and I am going to buy tickets for the next Sox series. I hope some, that can go and that do not already have them do the same. Keep those red-clad bandwagoners out of our seats.

This was kinda the point I was trying to make, but you did it much more eloquently. I seem to remember "Sweet Caroline" being played during a Sox game at OPACY at some point recently. That is an outrage to me (if I remember correctly, that they did indee play it). I know that the Braves play "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" when we play down there. That is cute because their park is not overrun by opposing fans. But when it is 90% percent Sox fans, I don't want to hear anything that will make those a-holes jubilant.

It happened last night...after "Take Me Out to the Ballgame", "Sweet Caroline" started to play...then the video board flashed "NOT" and they went into "Country Boy"...

Say what you will about Red $ox Nation at Camden Yards, they do have a better song than we do. Tradition or not, I hate "Country Boy". Always have. Always will.

In addition to the flights mentioned, it isn't THAT far if you think about.

To go to see the Red Sox, since many cannot afford tickets, on the occasion they are available, plus make a nice vacation out of it (despite the bad rap, Baltimore IS a nice town, at least in some places :P), driving that far is nothing.

Yep, we have become a weekend vacation destination for Sox fans. Just like Tampa.

I was in Tampa three years ago, and I went to see the D-Rays play the Sox. Just because I did not have anything to do that night and figured I would go catch a game.

It was PACKED with Red Sox fans. Worse than it is in OPACY, and I pray that it never gets that bad here. But the glory of it all is that the Sox rallied to tie the game and send it to extra innings, then lost on a walkoff homer in extras. By Eduardo Perez I think. It was fantastic to see all of them leaving and whining.

You really want to solve the problem?

Don't make Yankee$ or Red $ox tickets available outside of season ticket plans.

Should at least keep out the ones who can't afford Stubhub prices. If they want to get in here, they should at least bleed from the wallet.

As much as I agree and like Bterps opening post, it's not our fault.

We're all diehards here and I'm willing to bet everyone that lives in the area has been to at least ONE game this year. I think I've been to 6, including a Sox and Yanks game...doing my part in trying to "take back the yard". The fans on this board aren't the target audience for this type of post.

It's a shame to say, but the target audience probably doesn't care.

Whenever the O's get good and start making playoff runs and all of a sudden the Yard is filled again, it'll be interesting to ask a few people around the stadium (and the new posters that'll flood the board) where the hell they've been for the past decade.

My thoughts exactly. Preaching to the choir.

Archived