07/29 - vs Toronto - Game 2 of DH

nevadaO

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, gshepherd7 said:

Yeah that didn’t last long. He already backed down from that quote. 

"Sometimes one says things. It is not that 1 am trying to take back what I said about the Yankees," Guerrero told Virus Deportivo on Monday. "But this is a business. I sat down and spoke with my dad [Vladimir Guerrero Sr.] and my family, and this is a business. And I said I would never again talk about this topic and lots of people have asked me about it."

Put TV#2 on the Pirate game to catch Skenes, and because the MFYs and Sawx are up big and that's not fun to watch.   He's losing 2-0.   The Astros are going with a bullpen game because their scheduled starter has apparently been traded to Toronto.   And the bullpenners are throwing a perfect game in the 6th.   And Pirate utility man Ji Hwan Bae suffered what looks liike a pretty bad injury, ankle or knee, trying to leap over a first baseman's tag and land on the bag (he got tagged, and landed awkwardly on the bag).

Just now, SteveA said:

Put TV#2 on the Pirate game to catch Skenes, and because the MFYs and Sawx are up big and that's not fun to watch.   He's losing 2-0.   The Astros are going with a bullpen game because their scheduled starter has apparently been traded to Toronto.   And the bullpenners are throwing a perfect game in the 6th.   And Pirate utility man Ji Hwan Bae suffered what looks liike a pretty bad injury, ankle or knee, trying to leap over a first baseman's tag and land on the bag (he got tagged, and landed awkwardly on the bag).

But the next batter, Ort, just homered to break up the perfect game.

5 minutes ago, gshepherd7 said:

"Sometimes one says things. It is not that 1 am trying to take back what I said about the Yankees," Guerrero told Virus Deportivo on Monday. "But this is a business. I sat down and spoke with my dad [Vladimir Guerrero Sr.] and my family, and this is a business. And I said I would never again talk about this topic and lots of people have asked me about it."

Doesn’t sound like he backed down, just that he admits he shouldn’t have said it.

but he did say it, and Birdland will always remember.