Orioles acquire Gregory Soto

eddie83

Soto entered the game with a 2 outs and a man on first and a 1-0 lead. He threw 28 pitches and gave up 4 hits and a walk and allowed 5 runs to score. 

If our pitchers weren't dropping like flies I'm wondering if this should be his last time on the mound for us. 

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t get why he’s in a close game at the moment. He’s been struggling. He has good upside and is a power arm but you need to put him in situations like they have been with Kimbrel. 

I was ok with Soto as a low leverage play and see if the Orioles pitching lab could make any adjustments with him. There's zero reason you use Soto in high leverage situations right now especially following an off day.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t get why he’s in a close game at the moment. He’s been struggling. He has good upside and is a power arm but you need to put him in situations like they have been with Kimbrel. 

Yeah, that was overmanaging, and I would rather go to the more reliable Cionel if they wanted to make a move there in a 1-0 game. 

One of the more self destructive bullpen decisions we’ve seen from Hyde. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Agreed. I mean  I know you can't hide him forever but he shouldn't be pitching in tight games. Obviously a tough spot tonight being short hsnded.

31 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Amen