Westburg Fractured Right Hand

RVAOsFan

7 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Feels like the Baseball Gods are just against us this year.  Man the number of injuries and key injuries are brutal.  Hopefully Westburg can get back in Sept and get in reps heading toward the postseason.

Precisely why we’ve been hoarding talent in AAA. 
Last year we were Uber lucky.

This year, the deep depth is being tested & utilized. 

Well, if Mayo isn't called up now, then they are certainly playing the save the rookie status game with him and he will be promoted Aug 31st like with Gunnar. 

Seems like the injury bug is really trying it's best to get the Orioles this year.  

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Well, if Mayo isn't called up now, then they are certainly playing the save the rookie status game with him and he will be promoted Aug 31st like with Gunnar. 

Seems like the injury bug is really trying it's best to get the Orioles this year.  

I think it’s about his glove. Not rookie status. 

• Upvote 1

Option 1: 
Mayo 3B, Gunnar SS, Holliday 2B, Urias defensive replacement at 3B late in game. 

Option 2:
Gunnar 3B, Soto SS, Holliday 2B

Option 3:
Urias 3B, Gunnar SS, Holliday 2B, Soto up as backup SS

I think 1 and 3 are the most likely. 

Edited by interloper

3 minutes ago, rudyrooster said:

Gunnar back to third.  Holliday back to shortstop.  Vavra to second.  Who says no?

Even with all the errors of late, I doubt very much they will move Gunnar off SS. It's going to be Mayo to 3B or Urias to 3B, and they'll bring up Vavra or Soto.

Just now, bpilktree67 said:

Jackson can play SS if they need him too. 

He'll be the backup, but Elias is not going to risk exposing him to SS regularly. Not only because Holliday hasn't been getting a lot of reps at SS and it's the most important defensive position, but because he's also coming off an elbow issue where he wasn't allowed to throw for more than a month (almost 2 months I believe).

I would rather just go with Mayo at 3B, but I really doubt Elias does that. He's too conservative. Urias at 3B every day until late August at least. Probably until Westburg comes back.

If that rumor of Mayo only being days away from promotion before injury is true then why wouldn't he be promoted now? I think Elias has shown that he is in win now mode so why wouldn't Mayo be the call up?

• Upvote 1