Eflin on the injured list….

Br10n

• Tony-OH changed the title to Eflin on the injured list….
7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This makes no sense. Because there's a lot of attrition, he shouldn't have more of them to choose from? 

This is the EXACT reason why Elias should draft more pitching higher. He needs to have more arms ready to help in the farm, not relying on waiver wire fodder. I'm not saying he could have foreseen THIS many pitchers going down, but still, there's not a lot of legitimate help in the minors ready to help and that's go a lot to do with his drafting philosophy. 

As for Eflin, I'm encouraged that Hyde seems to think it's not that serious. Let's hope so. Obviously losing Eflin for any length of time or the playoffs would be a huge blow to this team's chances.

Just a real tough year for injuries.

Yeah … Wow ..Bad luck 

1. Burnes

2. Bradish (Injured)

3. GRod (injured)

4. Eflin (injured)

5. Means (Injured)

6. Kremer 

7. Suarez

8. Wells (Injured)

9. Irvin

10. Rogers

11. Povich  (AAA - rookie Integration)

12. McDermott (AAA  rookie integration/injured)

13. Young (AAA) 

I always thought you needed 8-9 legit SP options to make it through the season.  I didn’t think we could count on Bradish nor Means this year. That leaves us with 11 guys of which 3 are Injured.  

Of the remaining 8 Young, Povich & McDermott are deep depth they’d likely have preferred not to debut. 

That leaves us with Burnes, Kremer, Suarez, Irvin, & Rogers. 

The injuries are unreal and it’s been ugly but I think it’s a testament to depth they collected to be the 2nd best team in baseball. 

3 of those 13 pitchers were drafted by the orioles and we are 1st in AL East on Aug 21st.  They are doing something right, even if it’s painful to watch at times. 

Edited by emmett16
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

1. Burnes

2. Bradish (Injured)

3. GRod (injured)

4. Eflin (injured)

5. Means (Injured)

6. Kremer 

7. Suarez

8. Wells (Injured)

9. Irvin

10. Rogers

11. Povich  (AAA - rookie Integration)

12. McDermott (AAA  rookie integration/injured)

13. Young (AAA) 

I always thought you needed 8-9 legit SP options to make it through the season.  I didn’t think we could count on Bradish nor Means this year. That leaves us with 11 guys of which 3 are Injured.  

Of the remaining 8 Young, Povich & McDermott are deep depth they’d likely have preferred not to debut. 

That leaves us with Burnes, Kremer, Suarez, Irvin, & Rogers. 

The injuries are unreal and it’s been ugly but I think it’s a testament to depth they collected to be the 2nd best team in baseball. 

3 of those 13 pitchers were drafted by the orioles and we are 1st in AL East on Aug 21st.  They are doing something right, even if it’s painful to watch at times. 

Bautista, Webb, and Coloumbe are hurt too.  So are Westburg and Mateo.  Heck, Kremer hit the IL too this season.  Only Burnes, Suarez, Povich, and Irvin, have avoided the IL.  

We can be down on this team, but we're probably better than last year.  Just banged up.  

Just now, Sports Guy said:

That's not just good news, its downright vital news.  If he's back we still have a puncher's chance.  If he's not, I think its curtains, though they'll likely still hang around.

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

They wouldn't be so calculating as to want to freshen him up and hide him from the Astros and Dodgers?

What would Roch Kubatko and Zach Eflin say on day 3 of 15 in such a scenario?

I think yes, they wouldn't be so calculating. If you're gonna play that game you don't do it with a 30 year old veteran and you don't do it in a race this close. 

52 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

They wouldn't be so calculating as to want to freshen him up and hide him from the Astros and Dodgers?

I don’t think I would have the guts to try that. 

On 8/22/2024 at 4:31 PM, Just Regular said:

I was wondering optimistically if the Eflin timing was for load management as well. Like, if we were in danger of missing the playoffs is it something he would have tried to pitch through. Grayson's injury seems a bit more serious but there might be a load management element there as well.