We're going to be okay.

interloper

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

They haven’t been hitting great but if their BABiP is just 250 (still well below average) instead of 200 the last 2 weeks, they probably have another win or 2 and that is a big difference right now.

Colorado has a giant outfield so maybe that will help get some of those fly balls to drop. 

2 minutes ago, OrioleintheATL said:

17-9 or better the rest of the way.  Hitting about to get real healthy, injured players coming back over the next 3 weeks, back end of the rotation will give us enough, Burnes will get right, all coming together starting this weekend.  I think 17-9 will be enough to win the East, especially if we win 2 of 3 in NY.

55+ homers in the next 26 games.  Heard it here first.

I think a lot of the guys are just waiting for the calendar to hit September. They’re treading water right now but once they see the finish line approaching, I think we see some guys really lock in

On 8/29/2024 at 5:46 AM, LGOrioles said:

He was tied with Judge with 5.4 WAR on 6/30. He was arguably the best player in the league. Since then, he’s 55th in WAR, tied with Masataka Yoshida and Geraldo Perdomo (who both have less PA’s in that time span) among others. 

He is no doubt having a great season but he went from being on pace for almost 11 WAR, to now looking like he will be lucky to finish with 7.5 WAR. Obviously still great, but the difference between an 11 WAR player and a 4 WAR player (which he has played like the last 2 months) is gigantic. Imagine the Royals with a merely solid Bobby Witt or the Yankees with a pretty good Aaron Judge. Those teams would be in bad shape. Now imagine their second best player has been below replacement level for 2 months and their ace has pitched to a 5 ERA in that same time frame. That is pretty much the Orioles and it explains most of their struggles. 

The bullpen, the SP’s, the injuries, and whatever else hardly matters if your best players aren’t your best players. 

Great comment and I agree. Henderson is 7 for  47 RISP with 2 out. That's not a clutch player . He's been great , but Gunnar hasn't been great when it REALLY counts.

7 minutes ago, CTBear said:

I think a lot of the guys are just waiting for the calendar to hit September. They’re treading water right now but once they see the finish line approaching, I think we see some guys really lock in

Last time I looked these games count as much as the September games.

• Upvote 1

I think we will only see Skubal once in the two series against the Tigers.  Or at least that's how it looks right now.  Looks like Crochet will pitch this Sunday meaning we'd miss him too.  May have to face Snell if the math is right.

Edited by OrioleintheATL

14 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Last time I looked these games count as much as the September games.

On paper, that’s true of course. But the season is a slog. These guys were gasping for air down the stretch last year. Either every player is just giving us lip service in their interviews or they all truly have bought into the mentality that they need to just trust the process and peak at the right time. 

6 minutes ago, CTBear said:

On paper, that’s true of course. But the season is a slog. These guys were gasping for air down the stretch last year. Either every player is just giving us lip service in their interviews or they all truly have bought into the mentality that they need to just trust the process and peak at the right time. 

Actually now would be a good time to start playing better, don't you think?

5 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

Actually now would be a good time to start playing better, don't you think?

Sure, I’d like to see us take care of business vs the Rockies and White Sox but we have a lot of games left including 3 in the Bronx. There’s plenty of time for the bats to get hot. The sky isn’t falling because we split a series vs the Astros and lost 2/3 to the Dodgers

26 minutes ago, CTBear said:

The sky isn’t falling because we split a series vs the Astros and lost 2/3 to the Dodgers

I hear you yet at the same time it isn't just those two series. When was the last time we won 3 or 4 games in a row?

We've played poorly overall for a couple months.

The Orioles are not alone re stagnant play over the last six to eight weeks. I mean when the Athletics have one of the better records over a recent span - maybe the baseball world is in some kind of time warp. So this year will boil down to which teams get hot and right the ship at the end. At least we are still in the top tier. Get well - get better - get going! 

• Upvote 1