8/22 vs HOUSTON

eddie83

Just now, EddeeEddee said:

For those of us who had been kind of skeptical about Cowser this game is a good example why.  At least move him down in the lineup as soon as possible.

I'm still a pretty big believer in Burnes.  He'll bounce back though maybe not right away.  If he doesn't come back next year the O's need to find a very good pitcher or two to replace him, or next season could be even more frustrating.

Def need 2 plus arms. Burnes got us this far even though he’s turned into a pumpkin 

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

Just ONE FREAKING TIME I'd like to see our pitchers not implode in the 6th. Is that too much to ask? Just once. It's getting so freaking old.

Dean and Al have been good as of late, but they're not letting them hit too, so they can't help themselves.

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

Even the optimists have to start realizing the season is over 

Wrong. And for the record, it doesn’t take being optimistic, it takes understanding that baseball is a sport of swings in momentum and patience. 

6 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Looks like the Yankees are heating up again. We're definitely playing for a wildcard, probably the second wildcard, and that's far from a guarantee. Odds are probably about 40% to make the playoffs after tonight's loss, if I were a betting man (I'm not).

It's still 97% according to ESPN, but all the signs point to the bottom falling out over the next month.

• Upvote 1

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

Def need 2 plus arms. Burnes got us this far even though he’s turned into a pumpkin 

He hasn't turned into a pumpkin.  Just a subpar month.  The O's have a good chance to rebound strong next month.

4 minutes ago, terpoh said:

Honest question. When is the last time the Orioles got a "timely hit"... and when was the last time before that. Scoring too many runs on homeruns only has been a problem all season.

The most annoying thing is, we'll have one game, maybe two games, where we get numerous timely hits in a row. Homers, yes, but also knocking them in from second and third. Bases clearing doubles and triples. The impact kind of hits that make you cheer and go "wow!"

People will remember those games and cite them as examples of the O's doing fine for like 3-4 weeks, even though they do basically nothing for 5 out of 7 games a week.

Just now, RavensNOsGuy said:

Yeah I mean who is really going to pick up the team? Not Burnes. Not Adley who looks completely done. Not Gunnar. The bullpen? It’s over.

RISP will pick up, pitching just needs to survive till reinforcements come back.