Lately, the offense really DOES suck

30 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

You may be right. And if they wait for the Rockies series to bring him up, he will retain rookie status for next year. So hopefully we'll see Mayo in a few days.

I want to see a 500 foot Coors moonshot from Mayo

5 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

We can't afford his lack of defensive prowess at 3B. Ramon is better suited at the hot corner. DH would make a lot of sense in place of Eloy or even 1B. It might be prudent to put Mountcastle on the IL to let him get some rest and heal appropriately instead of rushing him back. They've already played down multiple days at this point. 

Mountcastle just went on the IL...I bet the Orioles DONT promote Mayo...we had TWO freaking hits last night. How much worse does it have to get?

13 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I realize I annoy much of this crowd on this page with my so called "obsession " with this, but I cant help but believe that giving Coby Mayo a shot wouldn't make this offense worse.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 He's got to be a better option than Emmanuel Rivera. And maybe, even as a DH for now, he MIGHT light a fire on this offense. To paraphrase John Lennon, "It cant get much worse". This offense, night after night is crickets quiet until later in the game and then it's a few inconsequential runs or runs that just come up short. We can do better. But they wont bring up Mayo for at least another week , if then.

Colorado series Roy, I'ts later this later this week. RH starters for LAD all 3 games, so O'hearn starts all 3 games at 1b. So Eloy will DH. Dont worry well get there, but we got to get that extra year.

The good news is that we’re a young team and completely catching fire, and figuring it out, over the last month is completely in the realm of possible.

If we falter, that is what everyone is going to hope for over the offseason. I don’t think we see mass firings, or big FA bucks spent. 

11 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Mountcastle just went on the IL...I bet the Orioles DONT promote Mayo...we had TWO freaking hits last night. How much worse does it have to get?

Mayo doesn’t even have two hits in his career. How about we think rationally if we want to see improved offense. 

• Upvote 1

Oakland is 25th in the league at 4.03 runs per game. The Orioles have scored more than 4 runs per game in 4 of their last 16 games, 2 of their last 11, and 1 of their last 7. 

Seattle is last in average (.216) and averages 7.04 hits per game. The Orioles have more than 7 hits in 6 of their last 16 games and just 1 of their last 7.

They have been really, really bad the last 2-3 weeks. 

8 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Oakland is 25th in the league at 4.03 runs per game. The Orioles have scored more than 4 runs per game in 4 of their last 16 games, 2 of their last 11, and 1 of their last 7. 

Seattle is last in average (.216) and averages 7.04 hits per game. The Orioles have more than 7 hits in 6 of their last 16 games and just 1 of their last 7.

203 BABIP since August 17. Next closest team is at 233.

23 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

2-3 weeks? Pretty much since the All-Star break.

Came into the LAD series KNOWING that we would have to be extremely fortunate to get 1/3. And I'm still furious that we were extremely fortunate to get 1/3. All three games were very winnable, we're just playing bad baseball in pretty much all aspects and have been for a while. Our only hope is getting healthy and getting hot in Oct.

They need to get Rivera and Soto off this team.

They aren’t good, they aren’t playing and it’s causing everyone else to play everyday.

Not to mention, with Mounty out, OHearn and Jimenez have to play everyday…or McCann is getting those at bats.

The Kjerstad situation sucks for so many reasons but Mayo should be up here. Unfortunately no one else is really knocking on the door but Mayo could help.