9/8 Roku Rubber Match vs. Rays

ShoelesJoe

OK, right here that throw from gunner to first.

Henderson wasn’t running full speed, but he had plenty of time to set his feet and insure an accurate throw, instead, he threw on the run.

A careful throw is much better than a flashy throw.

Edited by HowAboutThat

19 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

Not a knock on the Orioles but the Ray's are always among the best coached and prepared teams.

I agree, and to me it is a knock on the Orioles. Elias has created, intentionally or not, a general sense that he and his staff have some unidentified, proprietary strengths in judging and developing talent, and in getting more out of hitters and pitchers than other teams were capable of. A lot of people seemed convinced that Elias and Sig had some unique talent for building, improving and maintaining a baseball team.

I suspected than, and I am convinced now, that it's a fiction. Yes, the Orioles have made enormous progress since Peter Angelos kept them in the Dark Ages of analysis and development. But most other teams have made large strides as well. If the Orioles are doing anything unique or superior to the rest of MLB, it's not showing in the team's performance. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, spiritof66 said:

I agree, and to me it is a knock on the Orioles. Elias has created, intentionally or not, a general sense that he and his staff have some unidentified, proprietary strengths in judging and developing talent, and in getting more out of hitters and pitchers than other teams were capable of. A lot of people seemed convinced that Elias and Sig had some unique talent for building, improving and maintaining a baseball team.

I suspected than, and I am convinced now, that it's a fiction. Yes, the Orioles have made enormous progress since Peter Angelos kept them in the Dark Ages of analysis and development. But most other teams have made large strides as well. If the Orioles are doing anything unique or superior to the rest of MLB, it's not showing in the team's performance. 

Wish I could rec that twice