Clubhouse issues?

Sports Guy

5 minutes ago, milbest77 said:

I don’t think Hyde has lost the clubhouse. The players probably read all this stuff we post and other social media. They’re only human. I’m sure it’s all getting to their heads.

Hyde has lost half the clubhouse, but that half is literally lost because they are on the IL. 

SP - Bradish, Grayson, Means, Wells, McDermott

RP - Bautista, Coloumbe, Webb

IF - Westburg, Mountcastle, Mateo, Urias

OF - Kjerstad

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Hyde has lost half the clubhouse, but that half is literally lost because they are on the IL. 

OF - Kjerstad

Right, very true. I think the guys he has still play hard for him. 

12 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

OF - Kjerstad

The team over performed a bit last season and the injuries have taken their toll on the roster. Considering everything that’s happened this year the O’s record is representative of the quality of their play.

If this season happened last year and last season this year it would seem like the natural progression of the club. But they raised the bar winning 101 games in 2023 and it’s made the second half of this season tough to watch. 

That said Elias didn’t do enough to build the bullpen knowing Bautista won’t be back until 2025. Getting Kimbrel wasn’t enough to account for Bautista’s impact. And Eflin has been great, but the early returns on Trevor Rogers aren’t good especially when Norby would be an everyday player for the O’s right now. 

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The team over performed a bit last season and the injuries have taken their toll on the roster. Considering everything that’s happened this year the O’s record is representative of the quality of their defense play.

If this season happened last year and last season this year it would seem like the natural progression of the club. But they raised the bar winning 101 games in 2023 and it’s made the second half of this season tough to watch. 

That said Elias didn’t do enough to build the bullpen knowing Bautista won’t be back until 2025. Getting Kimbrel wasn’t enough to account for Bautista’s impact. And Eflin has been great, but the early returns on Trevor Rogers aren’t good especially when Norby would be an everyday player for the O’s right now. 

Norby in a platoon with Holliday would look good now, so would Urias ,mateo, and Westy. Injuries, they happen.

6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

OF - Kjerstad

I expect Kjerstad and Coulombe activate tomorrow.

Doesn’t a close loss in tonight’s game, following a win last night after getting blown out in game 1, show that we still have some fight/heart in us?

Sometimes a close loss can still build momentum going forward. 

Slater tried to drop a bunt down. Gunnar with a heady deek play to take 2nd base. I’d say those classify as trying to do the little things. Even Holliday getting the runner over in the 10th. 

6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

OF - Kjerstad

We can’t just keep using the injury excuse. The Orioles aren’t the only playoff teams beat up. Look at the Dodgers 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

We can’t just keep using the injury excuse. The Orioles aren’t the only playoff teams beat up. Look at the Dodgers 

I mean we literally have 12 out of the opening day 26 hopeful contributors (13 if you include Felix) on the IL. I know every team deals with injuries- we were very fortunate last year on that end. But losing nearly 50% of your roster, many of which are big time contributors, is going to put us at a big time talent deficit. 

Westburg/Mounty/Urias/Kjerstad/Mateo instead of Rivera/Soto/Maton/Jimenez/Mayo is a huge dropoff. 

Bradish/Means/Wells/Grayson led to a huge dropoff.

Coulombe/Webb instead of Smith/Selby/Irvin/Bowman etc is a huge drop off.

Our saving grace is that 6-7 of these guys could be coming back in the next 2 weeks.

7 hours ago, milbest77 said:

I didn’t say I wanted it to smell? Just pointing out something. Based on the performance since the all star break, how can you not start to point fingers?

Why do fingers need to be pointed when it’s obvious this team can’t overcome the sheer amount of injuries that it’s suffered?

Also didn’t say you said you wanted it to smell. 

7 hours ago, DEOriolesfan said:

A recent slide? I could give you a few weeks of bad baseball and chalk it up to the result of a 162 game season- but this ship has been rocky since the All Star break. 

The front office refuses to make any significant moves to bolster the big league roster. Opting for journeymen and Marlins castaways and hoping they can be fixed. 

I’ve long been a critic of Hyde’s. He got them through the rebuild but he’s not the guy to lead us to a World Series. His bullpen management is horrendous. It’s like he doesn’t understand that the other team can also make moves. He doesn’t have much fire or passion in the dugout. He doesn’t stand up and defend his players like he needs to.  I think he’s lost the clubhouse. 

How could any of us know if he lost the clubhouse when none of us have clubhouse access?