Hyde Hot Seat

Deadwood Fan

Hot seat?   

105 members have voted

1. 1. Is Brandon Hyde on the hot seat?

• Yes
    • No

I voted NO, but I am really sick of the injuries excuse.  These guys are totally lifeless and they get worse with every passing game. The Giants have a completely mediocre offense and they dismantled us last night.  

I think Hyde will be around awhile, even if we do collapse and miss the playoffs. But he may want to hire a team therapist/mental health coach. Or three of them, since that is how we like to do things.  Lots of voices always works well!

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

The Giants have a completely mediocre offense and they dismantled us last night.  

The 4-run deficit was surmountable if we had more than one player who can hit the damn ball.  

Kimbrel giving up six runs in the 9th may turn out to be a blessing.

This board is smart enough to realize that the grass isn't always greener. The only way I see Hyde on the hot seat is if we miss the playoffs completely, which still feels very unlikely. Even then, I doubt he'd be fired during the offseason, but maybe. But then what? I don't think you give Buck Britton a shot at this roster. He's doing his thing and doing it well at AAA helping to develop guys. Could bring back Buck Showalter or Joe Girrardi, those sound like fun names. Or better yet, I bet everyone here with a torch and a pitchfork has their own little crystal ball with a short list of candidates ready to catch lightning in a bottle. 

• Upvote 1

I have to think something is going on behind the scenes. They look like they have just quit. Hyperbole, I know, but I wonder if there is anxiety over new ownership wanting their own people in the FO? Before you all tear me apart, IT’S JUST AN OBSERVATION!

9 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Stop it. 

Can’t fire the players. Something has to change. We’ve been terrible offensively since the Yankees game where we put up 15. 

If we started the season like this, Hyde would have gotten fired. I think he’s gone in the offseason, unless we turn things around. 

I hope we turn it around. If not, we’ll need to bring in a Dusty Baker/Ron Washington type. 

I think he gets a pass due to injuries. Perhaps he should get a pass. But, I also think that he has made enough poor decisions even with reduced options that he could be on the hot seat. Pitching Dominguez in a tie game and then going to Aiken for the save is an example of his poor decisions. 

1 hour ago, JR Oriole said:

I voted NO, but I am really sick of the injuries excuse.  These guys are totally lifeless and they get worse with every passing game. The Giants have a completely mediocre offense and they dismantled us last night.  

I think Hyde will be around awhile, even if we do collapse and miss the playoffs. But he may want to hire a team therapist/mental health coach. Or three of them, since that is how we like to do things.  Lots of voices always works well!

I am sick of the injuries excuse to his about we get back to full strength and then see.  Injuries are not the excuse they are the reason.  We are missing 4 guys from the rotatation most who were missed for the season or very large chucks.  3/4 of the infield has missed the last month or so when the offense tailed off it was fine til August.    The offense was still chugging along through August without Westburg.  It wasn’t as good as it was but still was averaging 4.45 runs a game which is middle of the pack which isn’t bad when you lose one of your top hitters.   Then they lost Mountcastle and Urias and that caused 2 new holes in the lineup.  The offense held its own through the White Sox and Rockies series but those teams are bad.  However with 3 huge holes in the lineup the last 10 games the offense is averaging 2 runs a game but yep it not the injuries it is the manager.  

8 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Can’t fire the players. Something has to change. We’ve been terrible offensively since the Yankees game where we put up 15. 

If we started the season like this, Hyde would have gotten fired. I think he’s gone in the offseason, unless we turn things around. 

I hope we turn it around. If not, we’ll need to bring in a Dusty Baker/Ron Washington type. 

Ron Washington, really?  

Something has to change.  What, change for change's sake?

Tell me, would changing managers stop Mayo from looking like a complete joke at the plate?  Would changing managers get Holliday to all of a sudden look competent at the plate.  Would changing managers get Jimenez to actually hit the ball...and when he hits it, hit it in the air?  Would changing managers stop Cowser from being an automatic strikeout?  Would changing managers wake Tony up from his slump?  Would changing managers have made Adley have a good month of August and hit like an all-star?  Would changing managers make Kimbrel look like a Hall of Fame closer?

What's changing a manager gonna do?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Ron Washington, really?  

Something has to change.  What, change for change's sake?

Tell me, would changing managers stop Mayo from looking like a complete joke at the plate?  Would changing managers get Holliday to all of a sudden look competent at the plate.  Would changing managers get Jimenez to actually hit the ball...and when he hits it, hit it in the air?  Would changing managers stop Cowser from being an automatic strikeout?  Would changing managers wake Tony up from his slump?  Would changing managers have made Adley have a good month of August and hit like an all-star?  Would changing managers make Kimbrel look like a Hall of Fame closer?

What's changing a manager gonna do?

Can’t change the players. It is what it is. I like Hyder.  Someone has to be the fall guy. 

I suggested someone like Dusty Baker/Ron Washington, because usually when you make a change at manager/coach you bring in the opposite of what you had before. So can’t really go the young/inexperienced route like Hyde. 

Edited by sportsfan8703
  • Haha 2