Will the Orioles make the playoffs?

LookitsPuck

Will the Orioles make the playoffs?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Orioles make the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This definitely getting scary. I mean, does it really hurt anymore than this if we cling to a playoff spot and get bounced in the wild card rd?  Maybe it makes us feel like we got our money’s worth for Burnes because he made one playoff start. 

There’s no more panic, this is reality. 

People that panic and get scared want to make irrational, reactive decisions like firing a manager.  Good thing there's professionals in charge.

This definitely getting scary. I mean, does it really hurt anymore than this if we cling to a playoff spot and get bounced in the wild card rd?  Maybe it makes us feel like we got our money’s worth for Burnes because he made one playoff start. 

There’s no more panic, this is reality. 

No.   It’s still panic.   

To get to 88 wins this is what teams have to do September record so far ()

Orioles 4-7 (6-8)

Royals 6-4 but we hold tiebreaker (7-9)

Twins 8-3 but we will hold tiebreaker with 1 win vs them , or if they lose 1 game vs Guardians, or we win 1 vs Yanks.  (7-9)

Tigers 9-1 if we are tied most likely they will hold tiebreaker.  (10-5)

Mariners are eliminated as we hold tiebreaker.  
All 3 of those have to happen for us not to make it.  Tigers play Royals tonight so 1 of those teams will get a loss.   As bad as we have been we haven’t lost 1 game in September vs the Royals or Twins.  

1 minute ago, terpoh said:

Losing tonight with the SF offense and a terrible pitcher for them would make me really believe we could not make the playoffs.

Their terrible pitcher threw 5 shutout innings his last time out.  He’s fairly tough to hit, but walks a lot of guys.   Patience and pitch count tonight, boys.  

43 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

The Tigers, Twins, and Royals would all have to pass us.   As bad as we look that seems like a long shot.    We just need to win once against the Tigers and that severely hurts their chances of catching us.   

Game 1 Corbin Burnes was okay on the road there last time.

We stink right now, but none of these AL teams are world beaters.

The Yankees are 4-6 against the "good Orioles", and Wednesday morning it looks like Kjerstad, Westburg and Urias are playing baseball this weekend.     The playoff roster Elias and Hyde maybe envisioned back in Sarasota will almost all be there, assuming they knew they were underdogs in the Bradish and Wells situations, and Eflin is functionally Bradish in that blueprint.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, milbest77 said:

I don’t think they want to make the playoffs at this point. They’d rather get to their vacation spots and golf trips.

I don't see how this is a "negative take".  It's just recognizing the reality.  Burnes and Santa are impending FAs.  The hitters outside of Gunnar, Santa, and Mullins, are too entitled to change/adapt/adjust.  

This is no longer SSS.  This has been going on since we put up 15 in NYY stadium.  

3 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’ve thought up until now the O’s at least had a wildcard spot secured. I no longer have that confidence in the team. I think they make it by the skin of their teeth, but I wouldn’t bet money on it. 

I would bet money on it… and a lot 

I don't see how this is a "negative take".  It's just recognizing the reality.  Burnes and Santa are impending FAs.  The hitters outside of Gunnar, Santa, and Mullins, are too entitled to change/adapt/adjust.  

This is no longer SSS.  This has been going on since we put up 15 in NYY stadium.  

They are having a bad hand-season, therefore they are “too entitled” and “would rather get to their vacation spots and golf trips.”   Got it.  Not a negative take at all.   

• Upvote 1

My gut says no, but the statistical math says yes. Just too many teams chasing them playing each other and canceling each other out. I do, however, think this team will be lucky to win 2-3 games the rest of the way.