With another 1.5 months of performance results...

Just Regular

Would the team be any better off with Skubal than they are now, considering the hitting woes?  I think that’s debatable, and questionable enough that I wouldn’t give up that high level talent to find out. 

Who knows if the Tigers would have even done that?  They’ve made a nice run behind Skubal and the rest of their staff since the deadline. I think it’s a good chance they extend him to lead that young team into the next several years of what they hope are contending teams. Decent position player pool there. 

1.5 months of data shouldn't make any difference. These guys have too much upside to trade. I'm most concerned about Mayo, more due to lack of position than the early hitting results. Still, no regrets even if Skubal was available, which I highly doubt 

I wouldn't have done any but the least realistic Cowser/Kjerstad low upside pairing, but some flavor of this conversation will come around on the carousel this winter as the White Sox explore their Garrett Crochet market.

Getz will continue to not want Elias' very seasoned oldsters.

Slight topic tangent, but in the hindsight 20/20 dept., what if the Orioles had decided to do minors graduation in stages by ages: promoting Ortiz (25) and Norby (24) for key roles on this year's contending team, and letting the younger Holliday (20) and Mayo (22) get further seasoning in the minors while things played out in Baltimore.

Yeah, there is the Corbin Burnes factor, but a comparative WAR exercise might be a wash even just for this year, never mind future retained value. (Not to forget, too, DL Hall).

Oh well, a couple of good playoff starts from Burnes and Eflin, with timely hits from Holliday and Mayo, puts all this to rest.