9/20, Tyler Holton v Corbin Burnes (Apple TV)

jdwilde1

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Coby Mayo looks a lot more relaxed tonight...even that comeback was stung...and hes played a solid 1b so far...

I’m really not trying to tear the kid down, but he has all three of the softest-hit balls put in play tonight. In fairness, that comebacker was the hardest of the three (at 72.6 MPH)…but I’m not sure he’s stinging anything.

Glad he’s getting the bat on the ball, though. I think we know the EVs will eventually come as long as he keeps making contact.

Interesting bit about The Detroit radio announcers. 
Their home run calls are monotonic, and sound so depressed. It’s really funny, and might be even if one is a Detroit fan.

The call of Cowser’s second home run was hilarious. As I started this, McCann hit his second, and the guy sounded like Eeeyor or -ooops- Marvin ( depending on your generation)

But what I really wanted to say was the Detroit radio guys said Cowser’s home runs were each on breaking balls, so I wonder if he’s starting to see those better.

And Henderson at bat, the Detroit guy just said “close enough for Bucknor…strike one.”

These guys are HILARIOUS.

edit: Kryton was the robot in Red Dwarf…also great… but doesn’t sound like Eeyor

Edited by HowAboutThat
Got Marvin wrong…oy

1 minute ago, HowAboutThat said:

Their home run calls are monotonic, and sound so depressed. It’s really funny, and might be even if one is a Detroit fan.

The call of Cowser’s second home run was hilarious. As I started this, McCann hit his second, and the guy sounded like Eeeyor or Kryton ( depending on your generation)

But what I really wanted to say was the Detroit radio guys said Cowser’s home runs were each on breaking balls, so I wonder if he’s starting to see those better.

And Henderson at bat, the Detroit guy just said “close enough for Bucknor…strike one.”

Cowser’s first was off a 4 seamer, his second was off a knuckle curve, though.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

This is a fun game. 

That's easy for you to say, you can see the game. You're not the one who gouged out your eyes from embarrassment from accidently sleeping with your mother and....  Oh wait that was Oedipus... my bad.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

The call of Cowser’s second home run was hilarious. As I started this, McCann hit his second, and the guy sounded like Eeeyor or Kryton ( depending on your generation)

One of their Tv guys is Kirk Gibson. He is about as monotone as it gets.