9/21 Povich vs Olson

LookitsPuck

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

I mean, this is on Perez.

There is plenty of blame to go around.   Perez can't finish a batter when he's up 0-2, Adley can't steal a low strike,  Holliday emulating a bullfightier on a GIDP ball, Rivera positioning himself off the base and can't make a tag....

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

How so? One base hit on a grounder that found a hole, one soft grounder infield hit, and a double play ball that turns into a double. I mean, I guess it is on Perez that he didn't strike everyone out but bad defense and bluck were certainly factors there.

Yeah it’s inning over with an average 2B out there.

I do not blame this inning on Perez. He would have had a least 1 out and runners held if Holliday or Riviera would have done their jobs as fielders. Had Holliday done his job, it's doubtful runners would have advanced and fhere would be at least an out, if not a double play.

Just now, osfan83 said:

I would trade Holliday for a bag of balls straight up

I obviously would not, but he one of the worse rookies I can ever remember who plays everyday. Westburg and Urias can not get he soon enough so Holliday can ride the pine.