9/21 Povich vs Olson

LookitsPuck

2 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Do you know if he's ever been tried in the OF?  He's got speed for sure -- not sure about the arm.

He has a pretty long arm swing so I bet his arm strength would be better in the outfield. Besides, of Mullins can play out there, he can. 

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

And plenty of highly touted 25 year olds were still figuring it out when they were 20 year olds.

Whatever you get from a 20 year old in the MLB is gravy. There really shouldn't be any expectations.

He’s not just bad…. He is historically bad…. I don’t think he played baseball before in his life

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

And plenty of highly touted 25 year olds were still figuring it out when they were 20 year olds.

Whatever you get from a 20 year old in the MLB is gravy. There really shouldn't be any expectations.

I disagree.

No one should have expected anything from Griffey or Arod?

2 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

If he's slow and has a weak arm at second base, where else can you play him in the field.   Second is where you put the guy that is slow and has a weak arm. 

He definitely isn't slow. I think he could play a decent LF. Then again we already have three LH outfielders with more in the pipeline. 

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Maybe he becomes the Zobrist "all over the field" type we thought might fit Westburg? I know OAA likes Holliday at 2B but I am not seeing it (and that makes me doubt OAA more so than the eye test).

In general he looks loaded with talent but still a work in progress.  I can't see him on the left side of the infield at all -- unless there is an arm there we haven't seen yet that can handle third.