9/21 Povich vs Olson

LookitsPuck

When did Hunter jump into Jim Palmer's body. Palmer has an excuse for everything instead of just calling it like it is. Give me the Palmer from 10 years ago or give me Ben McDonald.

Nobody is buying that the umpire got in the way of Holliday. Nobody cares that the Tigers have played well since August.

This team choked. Call it out. Call out Masolino's two coaching errors! Stop being Hunter!

• Upvote 2

Just now, Tony-OH said:

I made the mistake of believing in them when Gunnar had that 2B.

Do you know how hard it is to not get a runner home from 3B with no outs?

You almost can’t score, even accidentally.   No loss defined this team more than this game.  It had all the elements of this painful season.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

I made the mistake of believing in them when Gunnar had that 2B.

Do you know how hard it is to not get a runner home from 3B with no outs?

It’s insane, Tony. Literally insane.  I really do hate this team. 

Just now, vab said:

Who knows but it was only three years ago you would have given your left pinky toe just for a shot at the playoffs at this point in a season. 

Yes. But it’s not three years ago now. Look I’m thrilled we’re in the playoffs or will be. But the idea that we are going to go on some run because TX and AZ did still seems pretty far fetched. I want to see the team start to play and HIT more consistently before we get there. 

6 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Yeah but I’m tired of hearing that (and saying it). Even if they get ‘hot’ how long can they sustain it?

Agreed. This team is full of a bunch of players who don't perform well in the clutch and they are poorly coached. 

Could they win, sure, it's baseball, but if it's a close game or the pressure is on, they will choke, It's who they are.

Why do our young hitters have no discipline -- none -- about swinging at pitches above the dirt but below the zone?

This felt like a 2024 Orioles comeback -- a tease that fell short due to ineptness of multiple guys who could have provided a different result.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Agreed. This team is full of a bunch of players who don't perform well in the clutch and they are poorly coached. 

Could they win, sure, it's baseball, but if it's a close game or the pressure is on, they will choke, It's who they are.

Exactly. And guess when close games and pressure situations arise most frequently?  This is why this idea of some magical run just doesn’t hold water for me at this juncture. 

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Didn't you just make a post about being more positive?

I did but this team is so shitty I just had to revert back to my old ways. You can keep living in Lala land though, I won’t hold it against you