Sept 22 vs Tigers — last home game of the season

ShoelesJoe

Just now, allquixotic said:

Bad game, Suarez. Nothing to write home about. 4 runs all earned, 5+ IP. If we could sync up our pitching and hitting on the days where they’re good and bad, we’d win 100 games I swear to god.

instead we have terrible pitching when our hitting figures it out, and lose a slugfest. And when our batters are lost, our SP throws a pointless gem and we lose by a low score. So fed up with it.

We can't put him in the WC series rotation. Have him available for the pen and then we can start him in the ALDS if we make it. 

• Upvote 1

Tigers are mentally tough as hell.  They do everything well and respond immediately to adversity.  They are like the opposite of us and a really fun team to watch. The NL is far superior in terms of the playoff field this year, but Detroit is better than any of the other wild card contenders in our league.  

Why the hell would you have Akin ready for Greene and not just have him face Carpenter (who had already HR'd against Suarez and mashes RHP's) as well? Idiotic decision if you were going to have Akin warming for Greene anyways.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I'm hoping the games aren't meaningful any more the next time he comes up in the rotation, and that we go with a 3 man rotation in the playoffs.  

Think we're going with 4; just don't see us pitching guys sometimes on 3 days rest. 

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

I think Suarez would be a good multi-inning weapon in the postseason

Why are the Orioles one of the few teams (I don't know how few) that are unwilling to use openers or otherwise piece together a start in non-traditional ways?