Sept 22 vs Tigers — last home game of the season

ShoelesJoe

not exactly front page news, but it is now the EXCEPTION when we hit well in a game.With all our talent, I dont think we have very smart or disciplined hitters, and I think we will be quickly dispatched in the playoffs...I dont know what happened, but this power offense is now so muted, it's rare when they even have a decent lead...a good team will destroy us. We just can't hit.And if its not a HR its nothing.

• Upvote 2

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

It's not even close just how much better the Tigers are than the Orioles. Just so many no hit innings. Routinely make them look like fools when it matters. 

I really think the O's are going to be ready for the postseason. Give Westburg, Urias a chance to get in a groove again. More opportunities for Webb and Coulombe to take high leverage situations. Perhaps GRod becomes a weapon out of the bullpen. 

I wouldn't want to face them. 

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

not exactly front page news, but it is now the EXCEPTION when we hit well in a game.With all our talent, I dont think we have very smart or disciplined hitters, and I think we will be quickly dispatched in the playoffs...I dont know what happened, but this power offense is now so muted, it's rare when they even have a decent lead...a good team will destroy us. We just can't hit.And if its not a HR its nothing.

Our Kryptonite is league average or better pitching. We clobber bad pitching sometimes, but any league average or better pitcher looks like Cy Young’s career year vs us.

Many other contending teams find a way to eke out some runs even against elite pitching. We do not.

Edited by allquixotic