sportsfan8703

Who sits for Slater in Game 1?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who sits for Slater in Game 1

• Mullins
    • Cowser
    • Nobody

22 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I don't know. They did use him out of the pen once this season on 3 days rest off a start. 7/28 - 8/1

But, he did not do well in that relief appearance.

Went 6 yesterday, lined up for game 1 next round.

Slater does have a .707 OPS vs LHP since we traded for him. See the fangraphs splits. Mullins with an .854 OPS vs LHP in that same time period.  Cowser at .611 OPS in that same time period.

I think we definitely play Mullins in CF for his defense.  The question is Slater vs Cowser.  Even if Slater starts, he will hit no higher than 7th.  Maybe we just ride with Cowser.  Slater has playoff experience though.

IMG_6053.jpeg

IMG_6054.jpeg

IMG_6055.jpeg

Edited by sportsfan8703

1 hour ago, spleen1015 said:

You really want me to name the 13 guys that are ahead of him?

Adley
McCann
Mounty
O'Hearn
Westburg
Holliday
Gunnar
Urias
Rivera
Cowser
Mullins
Santander
Kjerstad

I guess they could take Slater if they thought they needed a scrub as the 14th position player instead of 13 pitchers.

Leave your scrubs at home.

And if something happens to Mullins or Cowser, who plays LF? Ohearn, Kjerstad, I don’t think they chance that. But we’ll see.

23 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Slater does have a .707 OPS vs LHP since we traded for him. See the fangraphs splits. Mullins with an .854 OPS vs LHP in that same time period.  Cowser at .611 OPS in that same time period.

I think we definitely play Mullins in CF for his defense.  The question is Slater vs Cowser.  Even if Slater starts, he will hit no higher than 7th.  Maybe we just ride with Cowser.  Slater has playoff experience though.

IMG_6053.jpeg

IMG_6054.jpeg

IMG_6055.jpeg

Ragans has severe reverse splits. RHB should start only if they are plus bats. Rivera and Slater are not plus bats. Should be the usual Mullins, Cowser, Santander OF. If they play someone else it should be Kjerstad, probably for Mullins. 

50 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Ragans has severe reverse splits. RHB should start only if they are plus bats. Rivera and Slater are not plus bats. Should be the usual Mullins, Cowser, Santander OF. If they play someone else it should be Kjerstad, probably for Mullins. 

A lot of the time when people talk about a pitcher having reverse splits, it’s a fluky small sample size anomaly.  But Ragans has clear sustained reverse splits.  I hope the Orioles data analytics team is on top of it.