Rutschman 2nd half OPS .585 - McCann’s 2nd half OPS .785

KojiSplit

Everything just seems off the last few months.  Lack of pop in the bat and struggles defensively would make sense if he was injured, but a drastic drop in swing decisions doesn't make sense.

Has to be his girlfriend.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Malike said:

He's obviously a better hitter than that, I suspect something is bothering him and we'll find out after the season. Lobbing the SB on Rutschman is a bit disingenuous, our pitchers are basically letting the runner get halfway to 2B before they even start the windup. 

I'll be happy when the ABS system goes in, because an umpire who is supposed to be watching the ball and not the catcher's glove, framing shouldn't even be a thing.

Yep. Nothing annoys me more than watching a pitch go over the plate but called a ball because it missed the target. 

Don't underrate/undercut a player by a poor 2nd half, and don't overrate a player because of a great year. 

Adley had an 800+ OPS in 2022, 2023, and all the way up until July 10th. Yeah, since then he's been terrible. But I wouldn't be shocked one bit if after the season it comes out that he was dealing with lingering back injuries. 

But he's still only 26. He's a hard worker. Don't doubt one bit he comes back stronger next season.