Elias: Hyde will be back

Sports Guy

27 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Well, they better figure out why the entire lineup failed for three months if it's not a coaching issue. 

"Everyone has work to do."  He also did not say the hitting coaches, offensive coordinator, and others would be back.

Edited by Ripken

1 minute ago, Ripken said:

"Everyone has to work to do."  He also did not say the hitting coaches, offensive coordinator, and others would be back.

Awesome, maybe they can get those swings a little more upright in a full upper cut. 

They better do something in this off season or there will be more empty seats on opening day in April than there were yesterday. People are going to be apathetic if they do nothing and just try to "Run in back". The last 2 seasons have brought a lot of hope and optimism. That is gone for 2025 unless some moves are made that signal they want to be competitive. Not just calling up Holliday or whatever. 

14 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Rarely does a manager get fired after making the playoffs!!

Think Hyde has the injuries excuse being that Urias, Mountcastle, and Westburg all came back a week before the playoffs. So, the question is whether they were still rusty. I think it was definitely right to have them play vs the previous guys, but it's an excuse he has. 

That said, I do think he's on the hot seat in 2025. 

3 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

🤣 You've been here for decades. You know it's not going to end the discussion! It's more fuel for the fire for some. 

Well it ends the “will he be back” questions and threads.

Now we have 7 threads a week about should he be back.

• Upvote 2

I don’t have a problem with this. If they don’t make the playoffs next season or win a series, then that’s probably all she wrote. With a good offseason and better injury fortune, there won’t be any excuses next year. 

3 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Think Hyde has the injuries excuse being that Urias, Mountcastle, and Westburg all came back a week before the playoffs. So, the question is whether they were still rusty. I think it was definitely right to have them play vs the previous guys, but it's an excuse he has. 

That said, I do think he's on the hot seat in 2025. 

As you would say, "Send Cody Asche into the sun!" (sorry if I botched the phrasing but you get the idea.

If they decide to keep Hyde, fine, but clearly something is wrong with the offensive strategy.  You have to take into consideration whether or not the players you're telling to take a certain approach are hard-wired for that approach, and if not, you gotta switch up your strategy.  You can't keep hoping that the human beings that are the players will conform to your statistical models, "trusting the process" and crossing your fingers that at some point, everything will prove the models correct.  

• Upvote 1