Is Holliday the most important player in 2025?

Sports Guy

By far and away it's Adley.  The team goes as he goes.  We saw it when he came up in '22, the 101 win season in '23, and now the second half  '24 swoon. 

After that it's Gunnar, but I think he'll be okay so no worries.    Holliday is a big question mark.  They can't afford to have a starting second baseman hitting   .180.  We were all expecting Jackson Chourio and instead got Bob Bonner.    

Adley and Jackson are too into their women.  We need them to treat their women like Tom Brady treated his.  They need to marry baseball and just hand with their wives.  This is the only way to success.   Treating their women special is a quick way to doom.  

36 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Sure…but if Cowser does that, he goes from being a 4 WAR guy to what, a 5 WAR guy?  Westburg similar. Kjerstad would cause a big jump in production but that also depends on how often he plays. Is he a platoon guy or is doing that for 500+ at bats. And what does his defense do to his value?

Holliday completely changes the offense.

I assume a lot of Cowser's WAR was tied to his defense. A 70 pt OPS jump would mean less K's and probably make him a 30 HR, 30 2B guy. Wouldn't that be a larger increase in WAR than 4 to 5?

56 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

This team doesn’t need depth options to put them over the top. They need stars…elite talent.

I don't think Holliday is ready for that, not next year. I also think you may be underrating Westburg and Urias. They are as good or better than anyone in KC's lineup after Witt and Salvvy.

26 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I assume a lot of Cowser's WAR was tied to his defense. A 70 pt OPS jump would mean less K's and probably make him a 30 HR, 30 2B guy. Wouldn't that be a larger increase in WAR than 4 to 5?

Maybe but it depends on several factors.  I think going into 2025 hoping that Cowser is a 6+ win guy is expecting to much for him but it does depend on different factors for sure.