Hyde: No Idea if Suarez Will Be Back

Aristotelian

10 hours ago, wildcard said:

I am not sure Hyde did.   Hyde said something like.... I hope he is with us next year.    That could be because he does not know if Suarez will be traded by the O's.

"I have no idea at this point, Thats what Hyde said. how do trade him if you cant trade him?

18 hours ago, wildcard said:

I am not sure Hyde did.   Hyde said something like.... I hope he is with us next year.    That could be because he does not know if Suarez will be traded by the O's.

He wouldn't say that if he wasn't a free agent.

Like, could you see him saying that about Kremer? No, of course not.

23 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

He wouldn't say that if he wasn't a free agent.

Like, could you see him saying that about Kremer? No, of course not.

You know more than I do.  I don't know why he said it.

Edited by wildcard

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

You know more than I do.  I don't know why he said it.

It's not about knowing, it's about inferring, and Hyde's meaning can be quickly and easily inferred from the words that he said.

Team personnel like GMs and managers aren't going to say "I don't know if Player X will be back next year" if he's already under control for next year. Not only could it upset the player in question, but it could also damage your position in trade talks because it implies that you see them as unimportant/expendable.

13 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

It's not about knowing, it's about inferring, and Hyde's meaning can be quickly and easily inferred from the words that he said.

Team personnel like GMs and managers aren't going to say "I don't know if Player X will be back next year" if he's already under control for next year. Not only could it upset the player in question, but it could also damage your position in trade talks because it implies that you see them as unimportant/expendable.

I hope its with us.  I hope its for the best.

15 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

So you're saying that you believe Hyde is a complete moron and actually meant it as "gee whiz, I sure hope we don't trade this guy that we already control and have no particular reason to trade anyway."

Got it 👌

If that is what you got out of Hyde's words that I posted then you got nothing.

You seem to think you can read Hyde's mind but you are showing you can't read mine.

Edited by wildcard