Patton tonight

MDsportsfan15

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mike, any indication of what his velocity is like?

This is from Melewski

"Of his 12 outs so far, seven are on strikeouts or pop ups. He threw 15 pitches in the fourth and is at 62 for the contest. He isn't blowing up the radar gun, but Akron has not had many good swings against him either."

Mike, any indication of what his velocity is like?

Fastball has topped out at 85. Breaking ball is around 77 and his changeup looks to be around the low-70's. When I say his fastball has topped out at 85, I should also mention that it usually seems to be around 82-83.

Fastball has topped out at 85. Breaking ball is around 77 and his changeup looks to be around the low-70's. When I say his fastball has topped out at 85, I should also mention that it usually seems to be around 82-83.

Thanks for that.

That's less encouraging, but the results are obviously good.

Hopefully the velocity comes back as he stretches his arm out.

I'm alarmed by that. I don't think that translates to Baltimore. Wow.

I'm alarmed by that. I don't think that translates to Baltimore. Wow.

Yes, that's horrible if accurate and a terrible downer. That's a John Stephens kind of effective.

Damn, what a buzzkill.

He really needs to be throwing harder, hopefully that will come as he gets his arm strength back.

Archived