Orioles vs. White Sox 4/21/09 Game 1

baseballnelie

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with that too- but I still think Pie will prove to be a great defender. He has been far from graceful or accurate out there- but he';s really only missed one play (in Boston)- that really hurt us so far. I have to think switching leagues and getting used to the ballparks is some of the reason.

As I've said before- I think his hitting will come around with his glove. Just seems like a kid with a mountain of expectation on his shoulders who wants to do so good that he gets in his own way- more mentally than anything...

The funny thing is, a lot of people seem to think of him as a great fielder, when this is really his first true year playing LF. So really, I don't think he should be taking all of the blame and criticism. He'll be a work in progress.

Trembley has been quoted as saying this isn't a trial, hes in the rotation. No need to cross fingers.

But I don't know. This is from the same post from Roch:

"And finally: Asked what would constitute a successful start by Brad Bergesen tonight, Trembley smiled and said, "Not having to hand me the ball."

Bergesen will get plenty of chances to keep it."

He didn't really get "plenty of chances to keep it" since he was taken out with no one on and 2 outs in the 6th.

And I just want to go on record that if I ever find Trembley's pitch count clicker I'm going to strap some C-4 to that sucker and blow it to pieces. Bergy was on cruise control. Its incredibly annoying.

They were hitting him harder. The ground balls and Thome's liner to center were all signs that he might be hanging a few pitches.

Not saying he couldnt have gotten the out but i didnt see cruise control esp with only a 1 run lead.

Still...save the bullpen if you can trembley

Archived