5/4 O's at Tampa

PaulBako

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you're Adam Jones, how do you not make a scene at third base?!??!

If you have a half of an ounce of competitiveness in you, how do you not react? I woulda had a friggin' heart attack over there.

I tend to agree with that POV- as that's how I play any sport- but maybe AJ is just a cool cat- and was brought up to play a different way. Gotta figure to the players who keep their cool- when an ump goes back and sees he blew the call- and the player didnt grandstand- maybe a few paybacks calls will be on the way.. or at the very least- he'll get the benefit of the doubt in the future.

I wouldnt mind a little spark from AJ- but I prefer the reaction he gave to a Milton Bradley esque outburst. :)

Dude seriously- when Markakis hit the HR it was like the beginning of deja vu... ala Red sox grand slam and the 2 run homer off halladay....

I really want to hear these guys hanging out after a game. I want to hear how they REALLY feel when all is said and done. Roberts and Markakis regretting their commitment to the team- or conversely- happy they got paid and just enjoying the high life??

They would have to be high to enjoy this, regardless of their contracts.

I don't think that's fair to say.

I mean he seems to be a really relaxed dude. He may have been brought up to not show up umpires growing up, who knows? I really think Jones is pretty competitive. I see him get pretty frustrated in the OF when a hit falls in front of him or he misplays something. It just might be an umpire thing.

I dunno, dude.

When your team is sliding down a slippery slope and you just made a play to put them in a position to do better, only to have an ump blow a call... that takes more restraint than I'd prefer to see at this point.

It's just depressing watching Eaton pitch.

Why? He has been pitching well tonight and got unlucky this inning but battled out of it.

He got squeezed earlier on the Eva call too, and I think a couple two seamers, as Hank eluded to, are not getting called.

Look at his K/BB ratio, not too bad if you ask me.

I dunno, dude.

When your team is sliding down a slippery slope and you just made a play to put them in a position to do better, only to have an ump blow a call... that takes more restraint than I'd prefer to see at this point.

I hear ya. I mean I wanted him to pitch a fit on that too, just for saying sake.

I think I am a little more upset with Samuel not saying anything on that than Jones.

Why? He has been pitching well tonight and got unlucky this inning but battled out of it.

He got squeezed earlier on the Eva call too, and I think a couple two seamers, as Hank eluded to, are not getting called.

Agreed- no idea why you'd make that comment watching this game. He is battling.

I hear ya. I mean I wanted him to pitch a fit on that too, just for saying sake.

I think I am a little more upset with Samuel not saying anything on that than Jones.

Okay I can get down with that sentiment... that's fine.

But nobody said a word, and that's depressing to me.

Well the obvious reason is he is typically giving up many runs to the opposing team, but it's hard to get excited to watch a guy you know probably shouldn't be in a MLB rotation. We've all heard so much about the young pitchers and how we are a rebuilding club... so I want to see the young players!

I do realize we shouldn't bring them up yet.. but hopefully you know what I'm saying.

The MLB feed is delayed compared to this thread, as is usual. I'm sitting here expecting the Rays to take the lead in the bottom of the 3rd, because 3 or so people were ready to jump off a bridge. Nice job on Longoria, and Aybar. Its a game thread, so if your saying things like we've imploded, there goes the lead etc, please back it up with whats happening on the field, its misleading. :)

Archived