No Deal

Belkast

Bigbird, you seem to be just going with the tide these days. When was the last time you really got anything correct around here, or even close?
BB's source has been on the money a couple times lately in regard to some people who were being called up to the team. No offense to the others with sources, (in particular, Belkast, who is a good guy), but it seems like BB's source comes through more often, IMHO. Having said that, I think in this case Belkast's source has the straight scoop. Either gentleman should know I have their back.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, how did you get arrogant out of that?

Great idea changing management in the middle of the season and in the middle of negotiating. I'm glad we've become the Pirates. We'll be picking signable players from here on out.

To be fair, Markakis was a signability pick. We worked out a pre-draft deal with him IIRC.

Gimme a break. Matt Wieters is a 21-year-old adult. He can choose his representation, and he can choose whether or not to take his advice. Let's not pretend that Boras is some kind of evil Darth Vader caricature immorally manipulating a naive little kid.

He pretty much is a naive kid. He's 21. He has no life experience, he's never held a job that pays him big money, let alone in the millions which few of all will ever be privileged with, he's influenced by the "aura" that is Scott Boras, knows he's highly successful in what he does and is putting his trust him, believing he knows more about the process then he does. It's not right and its irresponsible.

Wow!!!! Little harsh there Billy, don't you think? It may be a bit premature on Weiters not signing, but I think he's just trying to pass along what he's hearing. I think 99 percent of us appreciate it for what it's worth.

If you really think he's arrogant you don't have to read his posts.

Hey arent you his cousin? :) Let him defend himself!!! ;)

So, to summarize... 2 different insiders report that they have been told that things are now at an impasse, with approx 3hrs remaining...

The only factoid about the impasse is that the diff between the sides is $2M... can either of you report on where that $2M diff is? Is it 6-to-8, or 7-to-9, or 8-to-10, or where?

Yes, I posted just a bit back that sources close to the Royals are saying the same thing about Mike Moustakas, that negotiations have hit an impass and it appears Moustakas will go to college for his three year commitment. Oddly it broke on the radio about the same time Belkast posted. Coinky-dink? I think not!

Pretty typical. The information so far has come mostly from the Boras camp in an effort to pressure the Orioles. Now, it's imperative that the Orioles show they are resigned to moving on without Wieters. Boras won't budge if he doesn't think the O's are prepared to move on.

The timing is certainly not a coincidence. And there'd be no point releasing this information now if the O's thought the negotiations were truly off.

It's mostly common sense. And basic negotiation strategy.

If they really are within $2M then I'd still hold out some hope too. Hopefully the FO can come to their damn senses and get the kid signed.

I swear to god pitchforks and burning effigies if Wieters isn't inked.

It'll be a shame for us to finally meet under such circumstances, but I'll be right there with you, bro.

BB's source has been on the money a couple times lately in regard to some people who were being called up to the team. No offense to the others with sources, (in particular, Belkast, who is a good guy), but it seems like BB's source comes through more often, IMHO. Having said that, I think in this case Belkast's source has the straight scoop. Either gentleman should know I have their back.

I think BB has become a legend here, but really hasnt come through in a long time. And he flip flops a lot.

Its just my observation

His source has been wrong before, too. Knott coming up over House was his most recent.

Everyone's sources have been wrong. Peace called this a done deal a week ago.

I agree with BillySmith and the others ripping the sources. They need it every now and again.

Archived