No Deal

Belkast

See, this is what I mean...why are we even listening to sources?

On the one hand, we get the emphatic "X is going to happen". Then we get, three posts later, "unless...."

Why would anyone give up at this point? It's gotten silly.

Your right! Put me on ignore!!!!!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he walks I refuse to hold the Orioles responsible! They have $6 million on the table and I am sure they are willing to give a little more to make the deal. I wont hold the greed of a 21 year old and his a##hole agent against the O's. They are already way way way above slot money and the #1 pick got $8.5 million. Sorry I will be one of the posters that hopes this kid has a career ending injury in college next year if he doesnt sign for that kind of money!

Trust me the warehouse isn't very optismistic if at all. I think pissed off is probably the only way to describe the feelings in the warehouse right now.

Well, I'm not very optimistic either. I don't think I was optimistic at any point in time.

What about Arietta? Anything there?

Trust me the warehouse isn't very optismistic if at all. I think pissed off is probably the only way to describe the feelings in the warehouse right now.
If Boras is down to under $9M then the feeling in the Warehouse should be ecstatic. We should be the ones pissed off for having to root for a franchise with this group of mindless idiots running it who won't give an elite prospect a couple more million dollars. I guess they need all the extra money for that Jay Payton contract extension. I'm sure they'll go at least 3/$24M for Payton.

If he walks I refuse to hold the Orioles responsible! They have $6 million on the table and I am sure they are willing to give a little more to make the deal. I wont hold the greed of a 21 year old and his a##hole agent against the O's. They are already way way way above slot money and the #1 pick got $8.5 million. Sorry I will be one of the posters that hopes this kid has a career ending injury in college next year if he doesnt sign for that kind of money!

Hear hear. Of course, I don't want him to have a career ending injury. I do, however, want him to have a horrible year, and drop so far down in the draft that he'd be lucky to sign at league minimum.

If Boras is down to 8.75, that means he's come down further than we have gone up.

That does not mean anything. If we were settling a case, I could start with $1,000,000 and you may start with $100,000. If my next demand is $500,000 and your counter is only $200,000, but the case is actually worth $250,000, I have moved more than you, but does it really matter?

Archived