No Deal

Belkast

I will not defend myself here. You either read it or don't read it. You think I wanted to report this??? No I did not but I wanted everyone to know what is going on. I am pissed as anyone here. I tried to stay optimistic all the way up until about 2 hours ago when I talked to my guy. Fact is I was told no deal. Now whine all you want I don't care but if you have a problem with me or how I present it come to me as a man. You know who you are!!! Btw thanks to all who defended me although it really wasn't necessary. Markpolis- When are we doing the draft for football?

I had a problem with how it was presented. And I explained it. But I'm continuously amused by the macho posturing that appears on internet message boards.

What does "come to me as a man" mean, anyway?

I'll criticize when I think criticism is warranted, by the way. As long as the criticism is respectful, I'm not sure what the problem is.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A pretty clear-cut case of pseudo-identity theft. Or would that be identity pseudo-theft? Regardless, the important question is, might there be not one but TWO Matt Wieters? If so, if we don't sign one, we still have a shot at the other one.

Good call, maybe we can sign the cheaper one.

It makes very little sense to jump all over our inside sources, IMO.

At the very least, even when they are wrong, our inside sources give us something interest to talk about, and after all isn't that the point of a message board.

When they are right, we all feel a little more special having scooped the rest of the world.:002_sbiggrin:

Why people can't just take it with a grain of salt and just enjoy our sources is beyond me. Badgering our insiders till they just go away is like the O's not signing Wieters, nothing good can come of it.

This is the fault of MLB. Like everything they are having it both ways. I for one have had it not only with the birds, but with MLB. I do not go through this BS with any other sports that I follow. They may lose due to poor choices, but at least there is a frickin even playing field when it comes to salary caps. MLB should ram this down the throats of the players and their agents. When they go on strike again either fire them (if legal, I don't know if it is) or play a bunch of amateurs until the players union crumbles. For F-sake, we basically are watching a bunch of amateurs play anyways. Get some balls and correct this mess. I can not watch the same two teams from the NL and AL year after frickin year because these players make more money than, God, Allah, and Buddha combined.

Rant over. Sorry guys.

Let the new Syd Thrift era begin. Guess Boras' offer didn't "tickle" Andy's ear... :mad:

I still don't understand the Syd Thrift comparisons.. Syd Thrift was a terrible, terrible gm. McPhail has simply drawn a line in the sand with a draft pick. I'm terribly, terribly disappointed and have lost a lot of faith in this team BUT i feel like on some level you have to respect his unwillingness to budge in a game of chicken with Scott Boras. We're the losers, unfortunately.

I will not defend myself here. You either read it or don't read it. You think I wanted to report this??? No I did not but I wanted everyone to know what is going on. I am pissed as anyone here. I tried to stay optimistic all the way up until about 2 hours ago when I talked to my guy. Fact is I was told no deal. Now whine all you want I don't care but if you have a problem with me or how I present it come to me as a man. You know who you are!!! Btw thanks to all who defended me although it really wasn't necessary. Markpolis- When are we doing the draft for football?

Belkast, there is no need to defend yourself at all so thank you for taking the high road. One of the reasons I most enjoy this board and recently began posting is because of folks much like yourself who give us an inside perspective. You and others are only reporting what you hear and quite honestly I appreciate it very much.

You reported that there was no deal and left it up to interpretation. Some like Lucky Jim interpret the information to mean the final step in the negotiating process and I tend to agree with him, but that is completely from my own perspective.

Others feel it is a sign that the Orioles are doomed to rot in a festering pool of ineptitude with Andy MacPhail horrendously cackling throughout our demise.

And we have all ranges in between. We are all passionate fans and I love the O's and sadly, very sadly, the information you and others provide on a daily basis helps to maintain my own excessive Orioles titration.

I hope tomorrow we can all buy Matt Weiters jerseys!

Thank you again from one of the newer members of the OH!

Archived