No Deal

Belkast

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the Orioles will finish with a losing record. Like clockwork. Glorious are the ways of the world! :rolleyes:

My point had far more to do with the notion that people are about to commit hari kari over a team. And kidding themselves about their notions of fandom.

Just thought I would pass this along Weiters will go back into the draft!

I just noticed that Belky's original post says wEiters will go back into the draft. Thank God! I don't know what we're all so worked up about! The guy we drafted is named wIeters. So whomever this kid is Belky is speaking of, I wish him well in college.

Now, how is our negotiations with Wieters going?

A pretty clear-cut case of pseudo-identity theft. Or would that be identity pseudo-theft? Regardless, the important question is, might there be not one but TWO Matt Wieters? If so, if we don't sign one, we still have a shot at the other one.

Good call, maybe we can sign the cheaper one.

We should probably think twice about how desirable this would be. There could also be two Scott Boras. There could be two entire teams of MFY's. There could be two SG's... who could have 90,000 posts between them... and maybe even more if they started arguing with themselves... and in every third post they'd be calling themselves stupid. All in all, I think I'd rather just do without Wieters...

Apparently the egg is all on the orioles. MLB.com is reporting that the O's have offered only 5 mil or less than half-way from the 11 mil that Wieters wants. It was written about an hour and half ago. Sorry in advanced if this was posted someplace else.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jspymd=20070815&content_id =2150688&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

We should probably think twice about how desirable this would be. There could also be two Scott Boras. There could be two entire teams of MFY's. There could be two SG's... who could have 90,000 posts between them... and maybe even more if they started arguing with themselves... and in every third post they'd be calling themselves stupid. All in all, I think I'd rather just do without Wieters...

My head just exploded. Twice.

Ok....signing off for the night. But first, a prediction. Wieters will be an Oriole. First, we'll all get real excited for a minute, then we'll remember that he's not a free agent and in fact will have to climb through the minors and has already lost most of this season. Then we'll breathe a sigh of relief and feel good, and then we'll wonder why we got so worked up over a draft pick.

Archived