No Deal

Belkast

I'm hearing the same as Belkast. This is all McPhail. I'm told a majority of people have no idea what he's doing and are not being told anything.

Amazing!

Why is this amazing? It's a highly private negotiation. All it means is that the information from our sources deserves another level of skepticism/scrutiny.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm hearing the same as Belkast. This is all McPhail. I'm told a majority of people have no idea what he's doing and are not being told anything.

Amazing!

Bigbird, you seem to be just going with the tide these days. When was the last time you really got anything correct around here, or even close?

They need to stop agents like Boras from getting involved in the draft process. For established pros, ok, fine. But to advise a kid out of college to turn down 6-8 million dolars a year and start making major money in his professional career, and risk injury and/or decline for the possibility of making a little more so the agent gets a bigger cut, is really irresponsible. If I was Weiters, I would not turn down a deal if it was at least fair. What does he care if another pick makes a little more? He'll be up there without delaying another year. I mean in 2 years at 7 million he makes more then just 1 next year at 10 million. And he's closer to free agency. Just bad advice. In the end, its Weiters choice, and I hope he's just allowing Boras to posture for him but within the next couple hours comes to his senses and takes the deal.

Gimme a break. Matt Wieters is a 21-year-old adult. He can choose his representation, and he can choose whether or not to take his advice. Let's not pretend that Boras is some kind of evil Darth Vader caricature immorally manipulating a naive little kid.

The thing is, Boras coming down is a serious possibility. But we're not privy to his thinking right now, so we assume he's absolute in his stance. But we can't know. And if Boras comes down another million, we have no idea what happens. Perhaps the extra million can be re-structured to the advantage of both sides.

Further, there's no way that anyone is quitting important negotiations like this at 9:00 pm. So, saying that - no matter how pessimistic things are - it's all over simply can't be true.

For some reason, maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I have a feeling that this will get done.

Has anyone heard anything re: Moustakos and Vitters?

Will I be the only one hoping Weiters has a career ending injury at GT next year if this is true? Sadistic, yes. But being unbelievably greedy and stupid enough to put a ton of money in jeopardy is lamentable as well.

Read my post a cple pages back!

Bigbird, you seem to be just going with the tide these days. When was the last time you really got anything correct around here, or even close?

Hey give the guy a break he is just reporting what he has heard. Dont blame BB for this.

Archived