No Deal

Belkast

This is GREAT news.

Loose lips sink ships.

Just like I speculated earlier in the day- McPhail (and Boras) are professionals. They are not going around "gossiping" or "blabbing" about the negotiations.

Who cares that the insider "sources" aren't getting "scoops" ?

If Wieters is signed (or not) we will find out via the news media.

It amazes me that so many haaaaang on every tidbit of gossip thrown out there by those with "insider sources".

We can all speculate til the cows come home without the insider sources. I guess it is more fun and juicy to hear it from someone who supposedly knows someone inside the warehouse.

agreed!! i'm sure the inside sources are giving us what they know to be true at the moment. these situations change faster then a bedard fastball.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He pretty much is a naive kid. He's 21. He has no life experience, he's never held a job that pays him big money, let alone in the millions which few of all will ever be privileged with, he's influenced by the "aura" that is Scott Boras, knows he's highly successful in what he does and is putting his trust him, believing he knows more about the process then he does. It's not right and its irresponsible.

Then maybe we should change the drinking age, age of consent, military draft age, etc to 35 or 40, when we're all world-wise and won't fall under the magical spell of ne'er-do-wells like Boras.

I don't post very often, but I just thought I'd say, there's no place I'd rather be right now than wallowing in the misery of my fellow O's fans on the OH board. No one feels my pain like you guys do.

God this sucks. :(

Whoa, I'm seeing double here... Four Moose Milligans!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I will not defend myself here. You either read it or don't read it. You think I wanted to report this??? No I did not but I wanted everyone to know what is going on. I am pissed as anyone here. I tried to stay optimistic all the way up until about 2 hours ago when I talked to my guy. Fact is I was told no deal. Now whine all you want I don't care but if you have a problem with me or how I present it come to me as a man. You know who you are!!! Btw thanks to all who defended me although it really wasn't necessary. Markpolis- When are we doing the draft for football?

I don't post very often, but I just thought I'd say, there's no place I'd rather be right now than wallowing in the misery of my fellow O's fans on the OH board. No one feels my pain like you guys do.

Holy Bat-Testicles Batman...we have TWO Moose Milligans on the OH.

But which is the REAL Moose Boy Wonder?

Pretty typical. The information so far has come mostly from the Boras camp in an effort to pressure the Orioles. Now, it's imperative that the Orioles show they are resigned to moving on without Wieters. Boras won't budge if he doesn't think the O's are prepared to move on.

The timing is certainly not a coincidence. And there'd be no point releasing this information now if the O's thought the negotiations were truly off.

It's mostly common sense. And basic negotiation strategy.

Ding! Ding! Ding! It appears that Boras is such a good agent because he would have had Wieters signed already to a $10 million deal with most of the folks at the warehouse and on this board representing the Orioles.

This appears to be a calculated standoff by each side, i.e., each side is waiting for the other side to blink first. Boras has to guess at how much the Orioles value signing Wieters to figure out how long he waits to come down. The Orioles have to guess whether Wieters has told Boras, "Bottomline, I want to get signed" or "I don't mind going back to running my college campus for a year."

If either sides reads the other side wrongly, Wieters could go back. Likely, however, somebody blinks and they meet somewhere in the middle.

The most revealing line was one of the sources saying, "No one at the warehouse knows what's going on!" Good, that made me feel a lot better.

Somebody brought up the fact that cursing gets you a one week unpaid vacation from the OH. If we don't sign Wieters, I wonder how many of us will intentionally take vacation, take some time to cool down, and then come back here with a renewed outlook, OR how many of us will say the hell with this pathetic franchise and stay way for a while longer. Just thought I'd do some speculating while everyone else is speculating about Belkast and Bigbirds' speculation! :D

People with over 5,000 posts: 1 week

People under that: permanently

I don't know if it's worth it or not yet.

I will not defend myself here. You either read it or don't read it. You think I wanted to report this??? No I did not but I wanted everyone to know what is going on. I am pissed as anyone here. I tried to stay optimistic all the way up until about 2 hours ago when I talked to my guy. Fact is I was told no deal. Now whine all you want I don't care but if you have a problem with me or how I present it come to me as a man. You know who you are!!! Btw thanks to all who defended me although it really wasn't necessary. Markpolis- When are we doing the draft for football?

Thanks for reporting all that you do Belkast, I appreciate reading what you hear. Do you know if the negotiations off now? Or are the FO still talking to them?

Holy Bat-Testicles Batman...we have TWO Moose Milligans on the OH.

A pretty clear-cut case of pseudo-identity theft. Or would that be identity pseudo-theft? Regardless, the important question is, might there be not one but TWO Matt Wieters? If so, if we don't sign one, we still have a shot at the other one.

Maybe you should change your name and maybe you will post more often:p

Then maybe we should change the drinking age, age of consent, military draft age, etc to 35 or 40, when we're all world-wise and won't fall under the magical spell of ne'er-do-wells like Boras.

Alright, you've made your point. I still wish his parents or someone else close to him that he could trust that's ONLY LOOKING OUT FOR HIS WELLBEING, not just to leech off him, can give him some solid advise. In other words, I hope he's getting an array of opinions and not just putting his trust in one voice. If I'm him and I want to play pro ball there's no way I'm turning down 6-7 million dollars to do so now, and I know I'd have family and friends around me who would influence that decision.

Archived