Ackley could drop?

There's no way that Matzek is hitting 98 except on broken radar guns.

I dunno, I'm hearing more and more rumblings that he's been in the 95 range occasionally, so to think he dialed it up a bit to hit 97-98 isn't impossible, it's just odd that all the reports had him in the 90-92 range before this week.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice video with that link, including visual proof of the 95.

At 95-97mph with his secondary stuff, you almost have to put him in the conversation with Strasburg. I mean Stras is unreal and doesn't come along often, but this kid could have 3 plus pitches and an average pitch in the majors at 21. That is some special stuff and has ace written all over it.

At 95-97mph with his secondary stuff, you almost have to put him in the conversation with Strasburg. I mean Stras is unreal and doesn't come along often, but this kid could have 3 plus pitches and an average pitch in the majors at 21. That is some special stuff and has ace written all over it.

Yeah at this point the chances of him dropping to the Orioles would seem slight.

Nice video with that link, including visual proof of the 95.

Still number 2 on my board, but hitting 95 and sitting 95 are two different things. He was hitting 95 last summer and sitting 90-93, so hitting 95 isn't hard to believe at all.

Sitting 95-97? I guess it could be, but that would surprise me. I mean, why not show the gun in the LA article reading 97 or 98? Love him, and still think there is a good shot he's around for BAL. If not, thems is the breaks.

Re: Strasburg -- he has an 80 a 70 and a 60, so I think he still wins for now.

Yeah at this point the chances of him dropping to the Orioles would seem slight.

As long as that means Ackley drops to us, I have no problem with that.

SD nor Pittsburgh seem to be linked to Matzek.

If Seattle takes Matzek, this is my dream scenario:

Washington - Strasburg

Seattle - Matzek

San Diego - Tate

Pittsburgh - Crow/Gibson

Orioles - Ackley

As long as that means Ackley drops to us, I have no problem with that.

SD nor Pittsburgh seem to be linked to Matzek.

If Seattle takes Matzek, this is my dream scenario:

Washington - Strasburg

Seattle - Matzek

San Diego - Tate

Pittsburgh - Crow/Gibson

Orioles - Ackley

I would be pretty crushed if Matzek isn't there for BAL. I assumed in the fall that Stras, White and Green would be sure bets, leaving PIT to dodge for Matzek. I'd be disappointed to miss out on him.

I would be pretty crushed if Matzek isn't there for BAL. I assumed in the fall that Stras, White and Green would be sure bets, leaving PIT to dodge for Matzek. I'd be disappointed to miss out on him.

While it would be nice to have Matzek, Ackley is going to be a stud wherever he plays.

As we've seen tonight, the Orioles can never have enough talented offensive players.

I see him as a perfect replacement for Brian Roberts at the leadoff spot.

Ackley

Roberts

Markakis

Wieters

Jones

You've got to drool at that...

While it would be nice to have Matzek, Ackley is going to be a stud wherever he plays.

As we've seen tonight, the Orioles can never have enough talented offensive players.

You're more confident than I am. 1) I'm not even sure what Ackley's position ends up being, and 2) I'm not super jazzed about paying top 5 money for .310/15-20 HR unless there is some pretty stellar up-the-middle defense along for the ride. And I think this may be a realistic ceiling for Ackley, though he could certainly end up better. I definitely see quality MLer, but the ceiling isn't there for me to get "stud" excited.

I see him as a perfect replacement for Brian Roberts at the leadoff spot.

Ackley

Roberts

Markakis

Wieters

Jones

You've got to drool at that...

Playing what position?

Sitting 95-97? I guess it could be, but that would surprise me. I mean, why not show the gun in the LA article reading 97 or 98? Love him, and still think there is a good shot he's around for BAL. If not, thems is the breaks.

Re: Strasburg -- he has an 80 a 70 and a 60, so I think he still wins for now.

Nah, from what they are saying now, he's been sitting close to 95 and hitting 97-98, I think something is fishy because he has barely flashed the ability to hit 95 before let alone sit there.

Well..yeah, I was overstating my man-crush for Matzek a little bit there, but I had Matzek at a 55 with the FB before, if that makes a jump to the 70 range, then couple that with his change/curve/slider and man...that's just scary to think about.

Archived