Live Mock Draft... Monday at 8:30pm

The other mock thread?

I said that the board suffered from you being away this spring and that hopefully you would be around much more next draft season, particularly to provide insight into an interesting ACC class next year. Seriously, your voice was HUGELY missed here.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AH! You struck my Tate nerve! He went right back to football after he said he'd give it up to concentrate on baseball as soon as Pete Carroll offered him a 2-sport scholarship. I personally believe his true love is football and unless a brinks truck shows up at his house, he'll play that out to see if he can go pro there first.

I hear yah, but I don't agree. I think he's being advised by some very smart people. If he gives up football and says he wants to play pro baseball then what does that do to his bargaining position?

Jordan obviously sees something in White that he likes.

Numbers aren't always going to tell you the whole story. Don't forget this guy.

I don't see anything bad about Arrieta in that report. I see all sorts of red flags for White

Only two plus pitches plus command issues with the fastball due to a problematic delivery = bullpen IMO...

I think UVA has got a real shot too. But I certainly think its ASU, Fullerton or UVAs to win.

I'll set up a thread elsewhere after the draft is over to discuss -- don't want to hijack into a CWS talk. But yeah, UVA is filthy right now...

Chad Jenkins Kennesaw St.

I think they pair another college starter with Strasburg and Jenkins would be a pretty easy sign at 10. Great control, 3 above average/plus pitches, nice and solid, he's a sleeper.

I would go S. Miller here, he's got more upside, but Jenkins is really solid too. I think the Nats need instant upgrades in that rotation, so they try to appease fans with some early pitching.

And now the Nats at 10...they HAVE to sign whoever they pick, so they can't really take any chances...I would have thought Leake would be a fit here, but apparently he is going to be too expensive.

Who do they go to for a guranteed sign?

I hear yah, but I don't agree. I think he's being advised by some very smart people. If he gives up football and says he wants to play pro baseball then what does that do to his bargaining position?

Yeah I'm in the minority here, just the spidey sense really tingling on this one.

1:11 Colorado selects Mike Leake

Leake is a jack of all trades and master of none. He fits the Rockies desire for accomplished college talent.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2pIcxR_UNs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2pIcxR_UNs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think they pair another college starter with Strasburg and Jenkins would be a pretty easy sign at 10. Great control, 3 above average/plus pitches, nice and solid, he's a sleeper.

I would go S. Miller here, he's got more upside, but Jenkins is really solid too. I think the Nats need instant upgrades in that rotation, so they try to appease fans with some early pitching.

This makes perfect sense.

Very nicely done. I could definitely see that happening.

Why do you have different standards for White as opposed to Green. Both had very good junior years and were considered top 5 picks. Both had disappointing junior years and yet you are down on White and up on Green. Seems like a double standard to me.

Where have I said I'm up on Green? I don't want either one with the 5th pick.

I think Green goes to the Tigers at #9...

And now the Nats at 10...they HAVE to sign whoever they pick, so they can't really take any chances...I would have thought Leake would be a fit here, but apparently he is going to be too expensive.

Who do they go to for a guranteed sign?

Maybe I would feel differently (I would) but I hate the fact tha Nats do not sign Crow last year, from reports part in port to lack of urgency but are rewarded by basically getting the spot back early the next year.

1:11 Colorado selects Mike Leake

Leake is a jack of all trades and master of none. He fits the Rockies desire for accomplished college talent.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2pIcxR_UNs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2pIcxR_UNs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ooooh fancy pants with the video.

Jenkins seems to be the latest consensus among those in the know.

Archived