8/8 Baltimore's Tillman @ Toronto's Cecil

bce086

Does it seem to anyone else that one reason our situational hitting has been terrible recently is that our hitters swing at the first pitch way too often?

Both Markakis last night and Wieters tonight swung at first pitches instead of working the count with the bases loaded. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember Nick swinging at the first pitch a lot in good hitting situations.

When will our coaching staff start emphasizing working the count with our young hitters? One of the reasons opposing pitchers are getting into jams in the first place is that they are walking guys... at least try to work the count for crying out loud.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've come to the conclusion your mental. If you watched the game at all, you would have realized that the gun was reading 85 at the beginning and 93 in his last inning, which would be a change in the gun. Pay attention.

That's fine. You two clearly are idiots. It isn't what I am arguing. I clearly don't think Tillman throws 85. What I am saying is early in the game when he hit 92 (the 3rd inning, thanks for watching any of the game) was really 97? I didn't realize he threw that hard.

I've come to the conclusion your mental. If you watched the game at all, you would have realized that the gun was reading 85 at the beginning and 93 in his last inning, which would be a change in the gun. Pay attention.
Did you see it register 93 because I missed that. I did hear Buck refer to a 93 mph reading, but I can't take anything he says seriously.

Obviously the gun hasn't changed because it is still reading low. Pay attention.

Yeah I have been paying attention. Apparently you haven't since you couldn't even see in my post that I said some fastballs were still reading low. In the 6th inning the gun started reading higher on some of Tillman's pitches but then started reading low again. Unless you suddenly think Tillman was throwing mid 80s all day and then low 90s in the 6th inning.

That's fine. You two clearly are idiots. It isn't what I am arguing. I clearly don't think Tillman throws 85. What I am saying is early in the game when he hit 92 (the 3rd inning, thanks for watching any of the game) was really 97? I didn't realize he threw that hard.

I've seen him hit 96 before so yes that is a possibility.

Yeah I have been paying attention. Apparently you haven't since you couldn't even see in my post that I said some fastballs were still reading low. In the 6th inning the gun started reading higher on some of Tillman's pitches but then started reading low again. Unless you suddenly think Tillman was throwing mid 80s all day and then low 90s in the 6th inning.

So you are saying consecutive pitches one was low and one was normal? I didn't realize a gun changed every thirty seconds. Good to know.

I've seen him hit 96 before so yes that is a possibility.

Ok thank you. That is all I was saying. Thank the two clowns for getting all upset about me asking that question. At least they have a fan blog site to take their life frustrations out on other people.

Archived