Hobgood and Tolliver/Berry/Coffey or Zach Wheeler?

Hobgood and others or Wheeler or Tyler Matzek  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Hobgood and others or Wheeler or Tyler Matzek

• Hobgood and Tolliver/Berry/Coffey or Zach Wheeler
    • Hobgood, Tolliver, Berry, and Coffey or Tyler Matzek

I know a lot of people initially were upset with picked Hobgood instead of Zach Wheeler or Tyler Matzek? Would you rather:

or

Hobgood, Tolliver, Berry, and Coffey for Tyler Matzek?

Add to the fact that both Matzek and Wheeler are going to sign so late this year, so they will probably not pitch. Hobgood has been in the system to get a little more than a handful of starts, in addition to time with the coaches.

I know SG wanted Green. :)

If we were going to go for a high school pitcher, I would've preferred Matzek, because Hobgood is a solid five years away. . .

But as AM said before, sometimes you need to play the %. Why not have 3 or 4 hs/college arms vs 1 very good/great hs arm?

That is going by the premise those 3 or 4 arms aren't just mediocre arms.

I know a lot of people initially were upset with picked Hobgood instead of Zach Wheeler or Tyler Matzek? Would you rather:

or

Hobgood, Tolliver, Berry, and Coffey for Tyler Matzek?

Add to the fact that both Matzek and Wheeler are going to sign so late this year, so they will probably not pitch. Hobgood has been in the system to get a little more than a handful of starts, in addition to time with the coaches.

I know SG wanted Green. :)

I would have liked Matzek, Tolliver, Berry, and Coffey

Maybe, just maybe, with Hobgood thrown in as a 2nd round pick.

With all the reductions in team payroll the last few years there is no way the O's could not have afforded to go big in the first round and still sign these overslot kids in the later rounds.

Not like they are spending in Latin America so far this season.

Even with the overslot players signed this draft will cost the O's less then Melvin Mora's salary this season (9 Million).

Maybe Im dumb, but I really dont understand the question. You can have more than 2 slots, but the choices to me make no sense....

Id rather have what we have with Hobgood, Coffey, Henry, Tolliver, Cowan, Wirsch, Martin and Berry and possibly Bush.

All of these choices and kids here have somewhat similar upsides, the difference is that Matzek and Wheeler are a bit safer and closer to their upsides than the guys we picked with the exception of Hobgood. But any one of the kids we picked can be as good or even better than Matzek or Wheeler. I am very happy with who we got from this draft and will set us up for the future.

Maybe Im dumb, but I really dont understand the question.

Sorry, might have been me writing it.

A lot of people were critical with the Hobgood signing. Stating they would rather have Zach Wheeler or Tyler Matzek.

Hobgood took slightly less than slot and signed quickly. It looks like Wheeler isn't going to take slot and is taking longer to sign then previously stated. Matzek wasn't going to take slot.

I am assuming it is going to take more than 2.4 to sign Wheeler, so hence signing one or two over slot players. Also assuming it would take at least 5 mill to sign Matzek which is generous. With that money, that is less than signing all 4 over those players.

Which package would you rather have. Do you like Wheeler that much more than Hobgood and one of the over slots?

Do you like Matzek better than all those players?

Ahh, I understand better. I still like our package with Hobgood and who we got with it. Same reasonign as above mentioned. All have similar ceilings, we just need our playerdevelopment to make up the extra bit of ground Matzek and Wheeler have on Tolliver, Berry and Coffey.

Archived