Orioles Interested In Ryan Shealy

Boca Bird

Right...Personally, i do not think i trade JJ Johnson in that deal.

If they want another player like Hawkins or Matos or if they want Rlo and want to send us another player, fine.

I would trade Javy or Hawkins and if i had to, would include Fio or Finch or guys like that.

I'm not that high on Johnson...he's getting lost in the shuffle of our other arms. You'd prefer to keep him just for in case, but if it gets us a young 1B...I'll do it.

That's my ceiling on the deal, though.

Note: I'd rather trade him than Hawkins though, I feel like we can get another serviceable piece for Hawkins in another deal.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One player your franchise should be looking at is in the Cincinnati organization at AAA, Chris Denorfia. He's blocked by none other than Ken Griffey Jr. and is beating the crap out of the ball while playing an excellent CF.

Yeah, I know you have Cory Patterson, but some team (I'm hoping it's us) is going pick him up in a trade of equal minor leaguers (a pitcher for a position player in this case).

Ok...my guy hasn't spoken directly to any of the big guys but he's hearing Javy is NOT one of the players they're asking for. We may be trying to talk them into the deal by taking on a good chunk of his contract. He has heard Olsen may be one guy they've inquired about. He'll call back if he hears anything solid. He also said they may be making a decision on Williams very soon. He'll call if he hears anything more solid.

Belkast, my friend...hearing anything.

I may have missed it. Does anyone know where Shealy is listed on the Rockies top ten prospects? Also, are the Rockies considered to have a strong system?

John Sickels seems to be higher on Shealy than most. He's got him at #3 on the Rox list (behind Stewart and Tulowitzki), and graded a B+.

IIRC, BA has Shealy at #9.

Ok...my guy hasn't spoken directly to any of the big guys but he's hearing Javy is NOT one of the players they're asking for. We may be trying to talk them into the deal by taking on a good chunk of his contract. He has heard Olsen may be one guy they've inquired about. He'll call back if he hears anything solid. He also said they may be making a decision on Williams very soon. He'll call if he hears anything more solid.

Belkast, my friend...hearing anything.

*Click*......

*Click*......

Do you consider Olsen untradeable? We have a lot of minor league arms. He's expendable if we had a good solution at 1B in exchange. I just don't know if Sheely is just another Jack Cust/Chris Richard AAAA guy.

You would trade Olson for shealy?

I would, without a doubt.

Look at our depth, it is pitching prospects.

We can not hold on to all of them forever. We have a solid rotation right now if we add Penn to it.

I really think this is one of those times when we have to give up talent to get talent.

Do you consider Olsen untradeable? We have a lot of minor league arms. He's expendable if we had a good solution at 1B in exchange. I just don't know if Sheely is just another Jack Cust/Chris Richard AAAA guy.

Not at all...Just wouldn't deal him for Shealy, that's all.

I second that. Too much for Shealy, not untouchable.

I just don't understand, I would call Shealy the equivalent to Olsen as a positional prospect.

I think the trade would be a wash, IMO.

I think sometimes we need to deal from a strength to help our weaknesses.

Let's average it out and call him a #5 or #6 guy. For sake of argument let's assume the Rockies system is at least as good as ours. I can see the Rox asking for Olsen and the O's coming back with Johnson or Finch. You have to give up something to get something. Unfortunatley, I've never seen Shealy play so it's kind of hard to call it. Olson just got promoted to AA. Sure wish I had a crystal ball because his value will go up or down depending on how he does there the next 2 months.

Olson seems like a reasonable price for Shealy, IMO.

Kinda goes back to how the Rox want to spend one of their biggest chips... prospect(s) or "right now" upgrade(s) to the ML club.

Archived