ACC Discussion Thread

YardBirds13

Haha. Fair enough. Yeah, that he just doesn't have it. It's about time to just let Strickland take over. And your kid is named Drew? Wow, that didn't work out at all. Couldn't go with someone from the soon-to-be title team from that year? Although I guess naming him "Raymond" or "Rashad" would have been too obvious? "Marvin" would have been good!

That said, Coach Bennett has talked about how good Evans has been on the defensive end this year so far, which is why he is starting now. Shoot, Tristan Spurlock, the highly touted guy in this class, can't even get on the floor because Bennett doesn't trust him to play defense.

Do they have another PG in next year's class? I know they have Barnes but I don't know who else McDonald's is dropping off in the next mass delivery to Chapel Hill ;)

UNC has a very good class coming in...but Duke got the real good PG in Kyrie Irving.

Roy W spent more on Barnes than Duke, so Duke had some to buy Irving. :D

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UNC has a very good class coming in...but Duke got the real good PG in Kyrie Irving.

Roy W spent more on Barnes than Duke, so Duke had some to buy Irving. :D

Yeah, knew about Irving at Duke. He is supposed to be great.

Also knew about Carolina's great class (as always), but just wasn't sure if there was a top-notch PG among them.

BTW, UVA's recruiting class next year was I believe ranked 13th in the country by Rivals.

I"m just going to avoid the board this weekend, especially after Maryland beats Carolina on Sunday. I just hope the Terps fans don't storm the court, that would be an embarrassment.

Barnes is the man, can't wait to see him play next year...Already writing off this season obviously, but we'll be back full force soon enough.

My Drew already sees the floor better than Larry Drew does. He'll be a point guard, we're a small family (Rob can attest, he's knows I'm a little guy).

I"m just going to avoid the board this weekend, especially after Maryland beats Carolina on Sunday. I just hope the Terps fans don't storm the court, that would be an embarrassment.

Barnes is the man, can't wait to see him play next year...Already writing off this season obviously, but we'll be back full force soon enough.My Drew already sees the floor better than Larry Drew does. He'll be a point guard, we're a small family (Rob can attest, he's knows I'm a little guy).

Next year will be interesting...I expect Ed Davis to leave but UNC will be loaded.

I am pretty sure Singler has done enough this year to show that he has no business coming out early...So, barring some incredible next 6-8 weeks, he will be back for his senior season...That means Duke will lose only Scheyer off of this team...It will be a loss but not a major one because of Irving coming in to run the point and Curry taking over the shooting...Plus they have a few other good freshman and their big men will be more experienced.

I would think Duke enters the season as the #1 team in the country next year?

Next year will be interesting...I expect Ed Davis to leave but UNC will be loaded.

I am pretty sure Singler has done enough this year to show that he has no business coming out early...So, barring some incredible next 6-8 weeks, he will be back for his senior season...That means Duke will lose only Scheyer off of this team...It will be a loss but not a major one because of Irving coming in to run the point and Curry taking over the shooting...Plus they have a few other good freshman and their big men will be more experienced.

I would think Duke enters the season as the #1 team in the country next year?

I'm not so sure Davis will leave..if he stays, he can be a top 5 pick, which I don't think he is anymore. It's not a money thing for his family, and from what I read, the scouts are down on him right now.

Duke will be great next year, i agree..

I'm not so sure Davis will leave..if he stays, he can be a top 5 pick, which I don't think he is anymore. It's not a money thing for his family, and from what I read, the scouts are down on him right now.

Duke will be great next year, i agree..

He is in the Top 10 of every site I've seen, and still in the Top 5 in most of them. I'd be shocked if he came back next year.

Yeah, assuming Singler stays, Duke is going to be really tough next season.

ACC, according to rivals, has something like 7 of the Top 20 classes next year. Crazy.

Davis ninth:

http://www.nbadraft.net/

I see they have Turner going #2...He is a beast.

"The Villian" is a monster. Love his game.

As for the ACC tonight, UVA did exactly what I feared, and played a very lackluster first half tonight and trailed NC State by 3 at home.

They have played a little better in the second half, leading by 6 now, but just not playing that well.

Sylven is having his first rough game in ACC play.

Dominant second half from Coach Bennett's guys.

Sylven had his worst game in ACC play, scoring only 7 points, but he had 6 boards and 9 assists and really made some good plays in the second half finding teammates when NC State's clear focus was to not let him get to the rim.

Mustapha Farrakhan threw down an incredible "posterizing" jam on a fast break in the second half that HAS to make SC Top 10 plays tonight. With authority, in a Pack players face. Great stuff.

Hey Duke, how's the company on top of the ACC?

:D

Nice win by the 'Hoos tonight. I am a little worried about that slow start in the first half and Landesberg terrible night from the field. But atleast we got the win to stay near the top of the ACC. I hope we play better saturday against Wake.

Nice win by the 'Hoos tonight. I am a little worried about that slow start in the first half and Landesberg terrible night from the field. But atleast we got the win to stay near the top of the ACC. I hope we play better saturday against Wake.

Definitely need to play better to beat Wake, but they really picked it up in the second half. Totally different team out there.

Sylven played poorly in the first half, but he played well in the second half. NC State was so key on stopping him, he realized it in the second half and set everyone else up. Obviously you want him to score more, but he had 9 assists and only 2 turnovers. Sammy Z also had like 4 3-pointers that looked good go in and then come out. He makes those most of the time.

That said, we probably aren't playing on Saturday. It's supposed to snow like 20 inches or something this weekend. Honestly, if it's going to be an empty gym, I'd rather the game get postponed and we play when we can have a nice rowdy crowd at the JPJ.

Definitely need to play better to beat Wake, but they really picked it up in the second half. Totally different team out there.

Sylven played poorly in the first half, but he played well in the second half. NC State was so key on stopping him, he realized it in the second half and set everyone else up. Obviously you want him to score more, but he had 9 assists and only 2 turnovers. Sammy Z also had like 4 3-pointers that looked good go in and then come out. He makes those most of the time.

That said, we probably aren't playing on Saturday. It's supposed to snow like 20 inches or something this weekend. Honestly, if it's going to be an empty gym, I'd rather the game get postponed and we play when we can have a nice rowdy crowd at the JPJ.

Yeah your right, the were a completely different team in the second half. Slyven did have a poor night from the field, but he diffinitely made up for it with all those assists. It was good to see the rest of the team step up though. I have come to expect they how well Scott and Zengliski play, but i have been really impressed with Meyinsee this year. I always knew he had upside and was just a little raw, but he has really stepped up this season and given us intensity and productive minutes this year. Especially since the conference schedule has started. He had another great night tonight. Your right about saturday though. I am not sure the game will be played either. We already had a bunch of snow the other day and it hasn't really melted yet. Its been ridiculous walking around campus. If we get anywhere near the amount of snow as they predict I don't see a game happening.

Duke has a few interesting games coming up.

Tonight they are at home against GT, who beat them earlier in the season..Their front line gave Duke some problems....Duke is coming off their terrible performance against GTown but at least they have had some extra rest going into this game.

Then, they turn around and play at BC, a games that happens less than 48 hours after tonights game. Duke killed BC earlier this year but at BC can be a tough game and it makes it tougher with the quick turnaround and potential travel issues that Duke could have because of the snow this weekend.

MD at FSu tonight is a huge game for MD..They need a big road win.

Archived