UNC could be done for the NCAA's

accinfo

I'm driving down to that game Sunday...I don't know HOW, but I am.

The big problem for the terps this game is that this is essentially the season for the Heels. Add to that the fact that the freshman will likely get significantly increased minutes, and this could be a pretty good trap game.

I would think the bigger question is where you're going to park once you get there. I can't imagine they will have all of the Comcast Center lots emptied out in time.

I would think the bigger question is where you're going to park once you get there. I can't imagine they will have all of the Comcast Center lots emptied out in time.

Bring a shovel... create your own space. That's going to be the only way, unless you get to CP early enough to park in the garage.

Good luck boys, just don't storm the court when you win this one...Terps by double digits.

There's the possibility that we do, if we win, of course. Everyone has been cooped up all weekend. All that there is to do is throw snowballs, drink "water", and get excited about this game. With the massive amount of students that could be at this game, storming is a large possibility.

I pray that I did not jinx the game with this post.

There's the possibility that we do, if we win, of course. Everyone has been cooped up all weekend. All that there is to do is throw snowballs, drink "water", and get excited about this game. With the massive amount of students that could be at this game, storming is a large possibility.

I hope not, you guys should win this game..Last year, absolutely, that was an amazing game played by both teams and you guys deserved to celebrate...This year, you'll win big, and frankly we're just not very good.

Storming the court after beating an unranked team with no guards would be kind of sad.

Storming the court after beating an unranked team with no guards would be kind of sad.

If it's a close game and goes to the wire, I'd say that there's a 50% chance. A blowout win won't lead to storming. I don't really want us to storm the floor no matter what in this game, but it's not really up to me. If everyone's doing it, I might as well participate.

A down UNC, is still UNC. They are the defending National Champion, and have won 2 titles in 4 years. Maryland should be favored today, and they should expect to win... but if a bunch of fans want to storm the court and celebrate a win over a traditional power, so what? Especially today, when it will be an arena full of just students.

Didn't they rush the court last year? Doing it now doesn't make sense. You don't rush the court against a team that:

a) You pretty regularly beat in your house,

b) You are, in every sense of the word, better than, and

c) Has little weight, other than "it's just another game", in determining whether you win the conference.

Terps are a deserving 7 point favorite today...I just feel that knowledgeable basketball fans would know that yes, while Carolina is Carolina, THIS Carolina is not the Carolina you know and "hate". If the Terps were a 7 point favorite against Wake Forest, there would be no court storming discussion.

I certainly appreciate why beating Carolina is a big deal, it's a compliment to the program's history, and I love that, believe me. In 2003, Maryland beat us by 40 or so, and the fans didn't storm the court..You guys were defending National Champs, and knew you were better than we were...The same should apply today, Maryland is a better team, and should win easy.

There's no right or wrong, and when you do win, It's fine if the kids want to celebrate, I just think this year you guys are better, and should win.

Ok, I'm trying to look up policies for ticket refunds, and I can't seem to find them on the umd athletics site. I called 462-TERP, and it's just a recording. Can anybody help me out? And if I can get a ticket exchange of some sort, I'd be willing to give it to someone for face...since it isn't like I'd really want to go to another MD game this season. :-/

Terps are a deserving 7 point favorite today...I just feel that knowledgeable basketball fans would know that yes, while Carolina is Carolina, THIS Carolina is not the Carolina you know and "hate". If the Terps were a 7 point favorite against Wake Forest, there would be no court storming discussion.

I certainly appreciate why beating Carolina is a big deal, it's a compliment to the program's history, and I love that, believe me. In 2003, Maryland beat us by 40 or so, and the fans didn't storm the court..You guys were defending National Champs, and knew you were better than we were...The same should apply today, Maryland is a better team, and should win easy.

There's no right or wrong, and when you do win, It's fine if the kids want to celebrate, I just think this year you guys are better, and should win.

I am with you....Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Duke storms the court this year when we beat you in Cameron since they haven't beaten Carolina at Duke in 100 years...but it would be terrible if they did.

I get the idea of the storming of the court...Its just a mass celebration type thing..I get that and its fun but I think there is a time and place for it.

I liked the Kansas St fans this year when they beat then #1 Texas..Thry were chanting don't storm the court and they didn't...KSU was a top 15ish team and their fans felt they should win that game, so it wasn't worth storming the court.

Beating a top team at home(especially a conference rival), when you are also ranked, isn't an upset IMO.

Archived