Let me bow down to...

Avsfan

Yep, I can still see Lenny in that gold uniform.

I wish I had the opportunity to. I've seen tons of film though... he was absolutely incredible.

I love the gold. I think they're ok looking. But if the team likes wearing them for big games, we could wear pink for all I care. I also like that the history is there with the yellow unis.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish I had the opportunity to. I've seen tons of film though... he was absolutely incredible.

I love the gold. I think they're ok looking. But if the team likes wearing them for big games, we could wear pink for all I care. I also like that the history is there with the yellow unis.

I was lucky enough and old enough to see Lenny plenty. I saw his first game in the Baltimore Civic center where the Terps got trounced by Penn State. The buzz on that young team was about a 6'8" forward, not Lenny but a guy named Ed Farmer. Lenny played in that game but was raw. Farmer never became more then a bench player. Lenny IMO, became the second best player ever in the ACC, not behind Jordan but behind David Thompson. Lenny was something to see.

I'll go one step farther....

If the Terps make the Final Four I'll buy the tickets and take you there. It ain't happening, but if by some grace of god it does I'll reward you for being the the first and maybe only person I know who believes it's a real possibility.

If the Terps make the Final Four I'll buy the tickets and take you there. It ain't happening, but if by some grace of god it does I'll reward you for being the the first and maybe only person I know who believes it's a real possibility.

I'm holding you to it, and will be rooting for you guys.

I was lucky enough and old enough to see Lenny plenty. I saw his first game in the Baltimore Civic center where the Terps got trounced by Penn State. The buzz on that young team was about a 6'8" forward, not Lenny but a guy named Ed Farmer. Lenny played in that game but was raw. Farmer never became more then a bench player. Lenny IMO, became the second best player ever in the ACC, not behind Jordan but behind David Thompson. Lenny was something to see.

I had season tix during the Bias and Lefty era. Here is a pic I kept from one of the tix back then - not the yellow jersey however. I have an old faded yellow jersey in the closet. I agree on the comparison. It was his tremendous strength coupled with athletic prowess that was a sight to behold. Seeing him mature from a raw freshman to a man among boys was special!

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1299233&pid=2040032&myphotos=1

I had season tix during the Bias and Lefty era. Here is a pic I kept from one of the tix back then - not the yellow jersey however. I have an old faded yellow jersey in the closet. I agree on the comparison. It was his tremendous strength coupled with athletic prowess that was a sight to behold. Seeing him mature from a raw freshman to a man among boys was special!

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1299233&pid=2040032&myphotos=1

Thanks for sharing the picture. I was lucky enough to see Lenny in person, probably about 25 times including the famous game in Chapel Hill. that remains the single best performance I have ever seen. I still feel bad about Lenny's demise.

Thanks for sharing the picture. I was lucky enough to see Lenny in person, probably about 25 times including the famous game in Chapel Hill. that remains the single best performance I have ever seen. I still feel bad about Lenny's demise.

He'd have fit in so perfect in Boston, coming off the bench to spell McHale at the 4 and Bird at the 3 at first. He'd have added a few years to each of their careers, no question. Such an unbelievable talent, such an unbelievable shame.

I always try to compare him to someone today, but keep coming up empty..Paul Pierce back when he could jump comes to mind, but Bias was a better athlete. He could score like McGrady, run the floor like Pippen, seriously, he was terrific. There just weren't many forwards like him.

Senior guards, solid wings, an improving big man, and a great coach is a damn good formula..

The two things everything depends upon:

1. Jordan Williams continuing to develop. Something like a double-double threat on a regular basis.

2. The Terps keep shooting well. Right now, they're very good from long range (Hayes, Vasquez and Milbourne), very very good from the line (everyone), and - most importantly - have multiple mid-range options: Mosely, Milbourne, even Gregory (and increasingly, Williams) all offer game from 10-15 feet.

I'm not sure they can rebound or defend enough, but I'm not convinced they can't. No great ball-handlers, but they can spread the ball around, which is important. Plus, they have some energy off the bench in Tucker and Gregory. And Bowie, if he gets his head right.

Pomeroy has them rated at 10 and rising. Lots of offensive efficiency and good defense are the key.

At the beginning of the season I said I thought the Terps would go 22-8 or 23-7 in the regular season. The latter is not likely and 22-8 is still possible. I also said sweet 16 and may be higher. This team has a deep bench and can play 9 guys with good balance. They are hitting their 3's better because they are passing the ball better and getting a lot of wide open shots which they rarely had in previous seasons. We were always shooting off balance or with a defender in our face.

This team is enjoyable to watch and we haven't seen much of James Padgett yet. I still say he will join Williams probably next season as another player who is capable of a number of double double games. His quickness, rebounding and hustle will play a role in coming games along with Tucker and Bowie.

At the beginning of the season I said I thought the Terps would go 22-8 or 23-7 in the regular season. The latter is not likely and 22-8 is still possible. I also said sweet 16 and may be higher. This team has a deep bench and can play 9 guys with good balance. They are hitting their 3's better because they are passing the ball better and getting a lot of wide open shots which they rarely had in previous seasons. We were always shooting off balance or with a defender in our face.

This team is enjoyable to watch and we haven't seen much of James Padgett yet. I still say he will join Williams probably next season as another player who is capable of a number of double double games. His quickness, rebounding and hustle will play a role in coming games along with Tucker and Bowie.

I've been also pushing for more Padgett, but I have to admit, Dino Gregory surprised me. Yesterday was the first game I felt comfortable with him in the game. I still wish he'd block out better on the defensive boards, but I think overall he's gone from a negative to a positive. And when did he become such a good foul shooter?

Kudos to the Terp fans who made it to the game. What a great turnout and great support for the team.

On tv before the game, they showed a bunch of stats that MD is #1 in the ACC in - including FG%, 3 point FG%, and FT% - this from a team that most people thought was not a good shooting team.

He'd have fit in so perfect in Boston, coming off the bench to spell McHale at the 4 and Bird at the 3 at first. He'd have added a few years to each of their careers, no question. Such an unbelievable talent, such an unbelievable shame.

I always try to compare him to someone today, but keep coming up empty..Paul Pierce back when he could jump comes to mind, but Bias was a better athlete. He could score like McGrady, run the floor like Pippen, seriously, he was terrific. There just weren't many forwards like him.

I do the same thing. Lenny was a once in a lifetime guy, power finese, speed and that picture perfect jumper. The guy who plays a little like Len Bias today is Kevin Durrant. He is not as good outside as Len but there are some similarities. Durrant is about 3 inches bigger.

The Terps look good now, but we'll know a lot more in the next few weeks. They have been beating the teams in the bottom of the standings, and The ACC is not as tough as it has been in recent years. I think you need a few wins against ranked opponents before expecting the team to go deep in the tournament. This could be a very good team, but I want to see them more against the better teams in the conference before I get too excited. The schedule has been very kind so far, but it is about to get tougher.

Archived