Bloody Weekend for top ranked teams...

geschinger

Of course you have to question some other teams OOC schedules as Rich said, but I think as a conference this year, the Big East has a weaker than normal OOC schedule.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that point. Maybe weaker than normal for them going froward but I don't agree that it's weaker relative to other BCS conferences. While they might not have as many ranked teams as some, I don't think they have as many Division I-AA cupcakes on their schedules as a lot of other teams do either.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miami typically plays a tough OOC schedule and does play USF in the future, so I wouldn't lose any respect for that program due to their OOC schedule, and obviously UF plays FSU every year, so for them, being in what is often the toughest conferece, I can see why they wouldn't want to play FSU and Miami every year.

The reason they don't play has nothing to do with their conferences and everything to do with money.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that point. Maybe weaker than normal for them going froward but I don't agree that it's weaker relative to other BCS conferences. While they might not have as many ranked teams as some, I don't think they have as many Division I-AA cupcakes on their schedules as a lot of other teams do either.

Maybe not D I-AA, but a cupcake is a cupcake, and there's a lot of them, and you do have to consider the 1-2 extra OOC games they play vs other teams playing in conference.

Maybe not D I-AA, but a cupcake is a cupcake, and there's a lot of them, and you do have to consider the 1-2 extra OOC games they play vs other teams playing in conference.

It's only one extra OOC game not 1-2. BEast schedule = 7 games compared to others whose are 8. The conference title game is extra and does not equate to an extra OOC game for conferences that don't have one.

It's only one extra OOC game not 1-2. BEast schedule = 7 games compared to others whose are 8. The conference title game is extra and does not equate to an extra OOC game for conferences that don't have one.

PAC 10 schools only have 3 OOC games. That's where the 2 comes from.

BTW, how does USF get Miami to visit them 3 times out of 5 games?

A superior program can get terms like that :D

Seriously though, I have no idea, it is rather amazing considering how long ago those games would have been scheduled. Their arrangement w/UF is more normal for where the program has been. They need another couple of good years to get to the point where home and home series against good teams are expected.

Well, Arizona vs Oregon next week.....Good chance that may end up being the biggest single game in college fball this year(in reg season).

Two undefeated, top 5 BCS teams....Whoever wins should leap over Oklahoma IMO.

It definately is a game with huge implications. In a perfect world ASU knocks off Oregon and then in the following week USC knock off ASU.

It definately is a game with huge implications. In a perfect world ASU knocks off Oregon and then in the following week USC knock off ASU.

I guess that would be a perfect world for WVU, but I doubt Oregon loses to ASU.

Big East has fallen to 3rd in the almighty Sagarin ratings. That's for both the central mean and simple average. In the simple average, the Big East is barely ahead of the putrid ACC. In the central mean, the gap isn't that large either with the ACC being 4th. The tremendous Big 12 is 2nd in the central mean, with the Pac-10 5th.:confused: Pac-10 is 2nd in the simple average.

Big East has fallen to 3rd in the almighty Sagarin ratings. That's for both the central mean and simple average. In the simple average, the Big East is barely ahead of the putrid ACC. In the central mean, the gap isn't that large either with the ACC being 4th. The tremendous Big 12 is 2nd in the central mean, with the Pac-10 5th.:confused: Pac-10 is 2nd in the simple average.

It makes sense if you think about it. The Pac-10 has a couple of teams doing extrodinarily well and not many that are a total drag on the conference rankings helping their simple average but their middle of the pack teams don't compare favorably to those from other conferences. Seems reasonable to me.

Archived