Japanese woman to pitch in independent league

scOtt

If she can get hitters out on a regular basis, there's really no reason to bar her from any league. It would be cool to see her eventually make it into Nippon or something.

That an American league. California, Arizona and Canada.

Major League Baseball has almost completely purged itself of anything that has the potential to be embarassing. It takes itself extremely seriously, and therefore has also purged much of the fun that used to be part of the game. The Indy Leagues are the last refuge of 74-year-old pinch hitters, 18-year-old female knuckleballers, pigs delivering balls to the umpire, midgets being given spring training invites, and birds flying out from under the right fielder's hat.

God bless them for that.

Article says she is 5 feet tall. Her hands must be tiny. Do you know how hard it is to grip a knuckleball with tiny hands?

Maybe she has some new style, I don't know. But if this works, every undersized pitcher in high school should be taking notes.

Picture here. Looks like she throws sidearm?

Another picture, definitly sidearem maybe even submarine.

Video!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymcLfRFwI7c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymcLfRFwI7c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

It kinda scares me to think about a line drive right back at the mound. She looks so sweet and innocent.

I'd be very proud of her if I were her dad, but also worried as heck.

This is a weird post. A line drive could just as easily kill a 6'9" man as it could a 5'0" woman.

This is a weird post. A line drive could just as easily kill a 6'9" man as it could a 5'0" woman.

If it's a weird statement it certainly isn't unusual. I think most men find it sadder to see females in pain than men.

Why is a dad more protective of his daughter than his son?

Also I'm not sure the likelihood of death or serious injury by a batted ball is equal when comparing a 6'9" male to a 5'0" 18 year old girl. I guess someone would have to study bone strength/density etc.

The statement was not at all intended to sound sexist (if that is what you are implying).

Thanks for the video, srock! Looks like she plays the game well too. Fielded the bunt for an out. On the other bunt she ran and covered third. Man, she throws slower than slow. Must really mess with the hitters.

Question for Japanese baseball followers. Do they usually bunt that much or is it just because of her?

Archived