4/18, Orioles (1-11) @ Athletics (9-4)

nevadaO

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kouz should've been gunned. No communication by anyone on the field and just a lazy approach.

Don't worry Orioles, you're not winners so I guess you shouldn't play like one.

Nah, zero chance of getting him there. If Jones catches it and throws it immediately, and throws it perfectly, Kouz still makes it easily. Kouz didn't run hard because Jones didn't gun the ball back in. But its not a bad play, because if he had gunned it in, Kouz would've just run hard or even half speed and made it easily.

I feel like Jones could have gotten that ball in quicker and prevented Kouz from going to third. Hopefully it doesn't matter.
If I were the manager it would matter to me. You get the ball in as quickly as you can because guess what, you don't know what's gonna happen. The guy could fall down, or if he see's you doggong it, try to score. If the runner had Pie speed he might have, with that lazy throw.

88 pitches for Matusz. Similar to his last game.

Do you send him out again for the 7th?

I say yes.

You absolutely send him back out there.

If a couple guys get on or he looks shaky and the first guy gets on, I'd pull him. But hopefully he can get through the inning without too much trouble and get us to the 8th.

It's not just us noticing it, the A's announcers pointed it out too, said Jones pretty much "conceeded" third base to Kouzmanoff.

Strike out for Matusz, so it doesn't end up mattering.

I agree but they still would've had him had someone (Wieters) directed the play.

This type of stuff makes me want Trembley removed.

They keep showing this commercial on CSN Bay Area and I thought it was pretty good!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlB84XzP7xg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlB84XzP7xg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Archived