6/6: Red Sox at O's

ScottieBaseball

It's not just about AJ, it happens any time anybody swings at the first pitch. Some folks think it's a bad idea, but I don't see why. Sometimes you get a fat one. Sometimes the first pitch is the best one you're gonna see. I think the thing about not swinging at the first pitch routinely gets way overblown...

If you're gonna do it, be good at it. Kirby Puckett was a hitter that was good at it. Kirby Puckett was a .300 hitter.

Adam Jones isn't good at it. He's not anything like Kirby Puckett.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why can't bandwagon Sox fans come from Maryland?

Oh, they do. I've asked people around the Inner Harbor. Columbia, Ellicott City, Pasadena, Silver Spring, Perry Hall, Kingsville are all answers I've received over the last 3 years when I've asked the Red Sox clad fans where they're from originally. I've asked, "Why?" I've heard everything from the obvious ("I caught Red Sox fever when they won the World Series") to "I had a great-uncle who lived in Bridgeport, CT, so it's in my blood." I've actually had people LIE to me..."I was born and raised in Boston!" only to have a friend/family member say, "No you weren't...you were born and raised here!"

Oh I know they're here too. Sorry If I offended any Northern Virginians. Don't mean to lump that area in with bandwagon nation.

Well that is where the majority of them come from, since DC didn't have a team. Since Virginia is a terrible state they probably have terrible bandwagon fans anyway.

Wow... Frank Mata and Alberto Castillo, game savers!!!!!1

I'd rather have DH throw 140p than have Castillo brought in. I rarely say that a guy "has no place on the team", but for him I make an exception...

What the hell do you know about Virginia?
Well that is where the majority of them come from, since DC didn't have a team. Since Virginia is a terrible state they probably have terrible bandwagon fans anyway.

Hey fellas! No in-fighting...let's get back to comiserating about the Orioles, okay?

Archived