Trent Mummey- 4th Round - OF- Auburn

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From KLaw's chat

Daniel (Baltimore)

My understanding is that Mummey has a great glove, but will he hit enough it be more than a 4th outfielder in the majors?

Klaw (1:42 PM)

I've seen Mummey quite a bit and don't get it. Fourth OF at best for me. Not the great runner or athlete I've heard him called.

Sounds like Matt Angle all over again...

Now we have to wait for him to have a press conference so that we can start a thread titled "The Mummey Speaks".

And if he gets injured and comes back, the title will be "The Mummey Returns."

Hopefully Frobby's taking notes.

Now we have to wait for him to have a press conference so that we can start a thread titled "The Mummey Speaks".

... or get injured, so when he comes back, there can be a thread titled "The Mummey Returns".

War Eagle! Orioles have drafted 4 players out of Auburn with Gregg Olsen being the only notable player of the 4.

Notable Auburn grads currently playing in MLB include Tim Hudson, Gabe Gross, Clete Thomas, and Josh Donaldson.

I think all of them would be considered hard-nosed and hard workers.

Sounds like Matt Angle all over again...

Is this another Kyle Hudson poor pick?

Mummey hit a home run yesterday in his last college game. That matched the combined total of Angle's and Hudson's NCAA careers.

Player Games  HRHudson  141    1Angle   170    0Mummey  126   36

Get a grip, guys.

Trent Mummey FWIW

Player                        AVG  GP-GS    AB   R   H  2B  3B  HR RBI   TB  SLG%  BB HBP  SO GDP   OB%  SF  SH  SB-ATT Trent Mummey, AU...........  .289  56-56   218  66  63  12   3  15  42  126  .578  28  17  44   2  .409   1   1  17-20  

Player                        AVG  GP-GS    AB   R   H  2B  3B  HR RBI   TB  SLG%  BB HBP  SO GDP   OB%  SF  SH  SB-ATT Trent Mummey, AU...........  .366  36-34   153  46  56  15   0  17  54  122  .797  15   4  18   4  .434   1   4   8-9 

Archived