Article I though you guys will enjoy

In fairness to the O's, it really is all speculation. Maybe we already have that relationship, found out what he wanted and mutually decided it wasn't worth drafting him. Or, maybe we had him in an Ollie Drake-like category, where we thought everyone else had lowered him enough to take him even later in the draft. IDK...just spitballing.

Either way, it's not like people don't talk. I don't think we should jump to any conclusions either way on why we didn't draft him or its importance for the future.

In fairness to the O's, it really is all speculation. Maybe we already have that relationship, found out what he wanted and mutually decided it wasn't worth drafting him. Or, maybe we had him in an Ollie Drake-like category, where we thought everyone else had lowered him enough to take him even later in the draft. IDK...just spitballing.

Either way, it's not like people don't talk. I don't think we should jump to any conclusions either way on why we didn't draft him or its importance for the future.

No one's being "unfair" to the O's and no one is jumping to any conclusions. Come on -- let's not turn this into THAT kind of discussion...

It's fairly obvious Wahl didn't want to sign. I said I spoke to someone who agreed that his asking price was going to price him out for his "now" abilities. I didn't slam BAL. I said I was disappointed they didn't spend a late flier on him. Are we at the point where "disappointment" is equated to treating the team unfairly? I was just adding some explanation as to WHY I was disappointed.

No one's being "unfair" to the O's and no one is jumping to any conclusions. Come on -- let's not turn this into THAT kind of discussion...

It's fairly obvious Wahl didn't want to sign. I said I spoke to someone who agreed that his asking price was going to price him out for his "now" abilities. I didn't slam BAL. I said I was disappointed they didn't spend a late flier on him. Are we at the point where "disappointment" is equated to treating the team unfairly? I was just adding some explanation as to WHY I was disappointed.

Yeah I mean I get it's just like Bundy last year, but they did it last year, why not do it again? Are you really going to lose something in one of those 30-something round picks that isn't worth the relationship you'll build with Wahl over the summer?

This kid is a prime "one to watch" candidate over the next couple years, he's got some real good tools and I think a good head on his shoulder. (I saw him by accident, didn't even set out to see him, but I liked him a lot.)

Archived