Strasburg scratched from tonight's start

Nigel Tufnel

The link has been updated

The Nationals scratched Stephen Strasburg from his start tonight against the Atlanta Braves after "having troubel getting loose in the bullpen" as he threw warm-up pitches, General Manager Mike Rizzo said. The Nationals consider Strasburg day-to-day, Rizzo said. Strasburg is seeing the Nationals' team doctor during the game and will receive an MRI exam and an x-ray.

Edit-Trouble getting loose always makes me think Labrum. I hope it is nothing serious.

IIRC, when I watched him some during his last starthis velocity was down a bit. Not 99, 98 mph, more like 93-94.

And all of a sudden he can't get loose? Sounds fishy to me. Also sounds like damage control from the Nats FO so people don't flip out.

And it sounds like they just don't know at the moment. If there was the slightest hint that something was wrong in his last start, then they wouldn't let him make his next turn. (Maybe they don't say anything to sell tickets for tonight, but they wouldn't let him warm up :))

The kid may need rest and I am not a conspiracy advocate, but it is a known fact he is on an innings limit. Are the Washington Nationals exploiting their fans?

Nationals Average Attendance: 23,426

6/4 vs. Reds: 33,774

-Not Strasburg's debut, but there was speculation it would be and Nats front office didn't really comment until a few days before

7/27 vs. Braves: 40,043

-Scratched

A few more late "scratches" this season and the Nationals will add near sellouts without giving their fans what they paid to see. Strasburg is pretty much a guaranteed sellout. If I were a Nationals fan, this would get on my nerves. I hope the fans aren't being yanked around, but it wouldn't surprise me

Archived