TT: Reimold for Bartlett is a win-win

Tony-OH

Tony is right that Reimold has very little value. But that is also why you keep him.

That being said, I have little doubt that the Orioles have tried to move Reimold and that this is the best they can do.

It doesn't make sense to me that Buck doesn't like him since Reimold is an all out, hustle guy...but Buck doesn't really know him either.

I think this is the Orioles saying this is the best they can do for him.

I don't think we've given up on Reimold as much as we just really want/need Bartlett. Reimold is not guaranteed to even make the ML roster next year and so we're not giving up a major piece to get someone who's going to start at SS for us.

AND... people are WAY overvaluing Reimold. First of all, you can't wait forever on potential. And really, how great is Reimold's potential. The reality is that we can replace Reimold's production with Pie and Scott in LF. Reimold IS in fact a horrible outfielder. Is it possible for him to completely turn it around and become a 25 HR .270 hitter? Yes. Is it guaranteed? No. Bartlett is a proven commodity. I never see Reimold as a middle of the lineup bat. He's always going to be a #6 hitter AT BEST... right? Pie is going to hit 18 hrs and hit .280 as an everyday guy next year. And you don't have 2 spots in the outfield. You have 1.

Also, you have Angle and Xavier Avery a few years away. It's possible that Reimold could never sniff the majors again. How impt. was that achilles' injury? I mean, he was NOT good last year. Like, there were no signs that the guy was ever going to come out of it. He hit poorly in NORFOLK!!

I would LOVE to have Bartlett for Reimold.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, but he's 32 now. Look what he had done prior to the 2006 season. I don't think that's a fair comparison. Give me unlimited Reimold + 1 year of Izzy over 1 year of Bartlett any day.

He actually just turned 31-years old in October. We'll have to agree to disagree on the trade.

"... and the thought of Izturis returning makes me throw up in my mouth a little. ;)

It makes me throw up in my mouth a lot!

Bartlett has a .345 lifetime OBP. That's 68 points higher than what Izzy was last year and 49 points better than his lifetime OBP.

We can't afford an automatic out at the bottom of the line-up any longer.

You don't think a starting SS in the major leagues is appropriate for his value? What do you think his value is at the moment?

I just think a lot of people are over valuing Reimold's value. He's a 27-year old DH who is coming off a miserable year with off field problems to boot. He very well might rebound, but isn't this guy available for "free" and is probably a better overall player?

I think that Matt Diaz is a very good comp for what we can expect from Reimold in the future. Diaz, of course is much more established. Reimold is 27-he is no spring chicken. The Orioles, if I recall correctly, even once put a waiver claim in on Diaz only to have him reject it. I believe Reimold is not that special and no one should be in an uproar if the O's trade him.

Go trade for Zack Cozart. The Reds are not committed to him at all.

We could probably get him for very little and he has upside of being a league average SS IMO.

Even if he cost you Reimold, you at least get a cheap player with good upside, who is young.

I still don't get the fascination with Cozart. Poor BB%, little power. He better play outstanding defense if he wants to stick as even a UTI guy. Certainly wouldn't give up Reimold for him.

This is a Sorry-Sorry trade.

The O's will be Sorry they made it every time a ball goes through the 3B/SS hole or goes up the middle. Bartlett doesn't have the range the O's need at SS. With Reynolds to his right and a declining BRob to his right the 2011 O's SS needs to have range. This trade would hurt the pitching staff because of the hits it will give up. Also the O's will be Sorry when Barlett either leaves in a year or the has the O's over a barrel in contract negotiations.

The O's will also be Sorry watching Reimold reach his potential for the Rays. He will probably hit for a 850 OPS, hit 25 HR and have a high OBP. I will not argue that Reimold is worth more now, its what Reimold will do in the future that will make the O's Sorry.

That being said, I have little doubt that the Orioles have tried to move Reimold and that this is the best they can do.

Right, but that is why you keep him, IMO.

Who would you rather have: Reimold and Izturis? Or Bartlett and Izturis. Because that is what it's looking like now if they re-sign Izturis for UTI.

Right, but that is why you keep him, IMO.

Who would you rather have: Reimold and Izturis? Or Bartlett and Izturis. Because that is what it's looking like now if they re-sign Izturis for UTI.

I agree...i am not trading Reimold for Bartlett. I just think there is too much value there for Reimold...not trade value but cost controlled value where I expect him to give us good production for 400ish at bats.

Bartlett isn't worth that.

Archived