+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    glenn__davis is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreTerp View Post
    2010 (Friedgen's last class) was 36th. Edsall's class last year was 43.

2009 - 26
    2008 - 38
    2007 - 35
    2006 - 29

And so on.
    Edsall has worked much harder trying to lay the groundwork on the local scene. That is something that Ralph never was able to do. Certainly Locksley deserves much of the credit for Diggs, but to get 3 from GC and a guy from Gillman is very important. We need to keep the talent in this state here. Going to be even harder now with Urban Meyer so close to a lot of these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by section18 View Post
    Keith of the Terrapin Times said Saturday that MD would probably block a transfer of DOB to Vanderbilt. He also said the Diggs signing jumped MD's recruiting class from 45 to 35.
    Not sure why MD would block a transfer to Vandy. Not sure they even could it O'Brien has graduated (still have not seen it confirmed that he will), but I admit I don't know those rules very well.

Brendan25 is offline Plus Member since 10/11 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Danny is gone

Patrick Stevens @D1scourse

Maryland announces Danny O’Brien, Max Garcia and Mario Rowson will all transfer

OregonBird is offline Plus member since 11/06 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Wow! I'm surprised DOB is transferring. He must be extremely miserable playing football at MD b/c there's no way a QB w/any confidence in his ability could look at CJ and think they would lose out to him in a QB competition.

CJ has some talent but he's not a QB. I guess DOB has decided he'll be happier elsewhere.

Nothing but the best to DOB. Now let's move the program forward with the people who want to be here.

Yeah I just read this http://www.beltwaysportsblog.com/201...-transferring/ and it looks like he is gone. It says that he will be eligible to play next fall at whatever school he transfers too as well. Good luck Danny!

Quote Originally Posted by glenn__davis View Post
    Nothing but the best to DOB. Now let's move the program forward with the people who want to be here.
    Agreed. I just hope this doesn't have any impact on Diggs.

Birds of B'more is offline Plus Member Since 07/05 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rick View Post
    Agreed. I just hope this doesn't have any impact on Diggs.
    I think Diggs already knew he might not stay when he signed, so if DOB was a deal-breaker for him I doubt he would have signed with the Terps in the first place. That said, Locksley might want to run a bunch of fly-sweeps this fall, or else I don't see how they'll get the ball into Diggs' hands.

Gutless. Some "leader."

Birds of B'more is offline Plus Member Since 07/05 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Somewhat lost in the DOB talk is that it's also confirmed that Max Garcia is transferring. That means the Terps have lost both starting OT's from last season who otherwise would have been back (Garcia, Dill). Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Cerrano View Post
    Gutless. Some "leader."
    DOB or Edsall for putting out a comment talking about how he didn't want to buy in to his system (which is a BS answer by the way) instead of just taking the high road and saying we wish him the best in his future endeavors like EVERY other coach says?

And all this talk about it effecting Diggs, do we know for sure that he's going to play receiver? I've heard a lot of people around the team (not official capacity) say they think he's going to play CB and only see a handfull of plays on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by allstar1579 View Post
    DOB or Edsall for putting out a comment talking about how he didn't want to buy in to his system (which is a BS answer by the way) instead of just taking the high road and saying we wish him the best in his future endeavors like EVERY other coach says?

And all this talk about it effecting Diggs, do we know for sure that he's going to play receiver? I've heard a lot of people around the team (not official capacity) say they think he's going to play CB and only see a handfull of plays on offense.
    I believe he won the All-Met POY award as a defensive player, although all of the scouting services listed him as a WR. Considering Locksley's influence in getting him to pick UM, I would think Diggs intends to play offense, but it's just my hunch and I don't have any information confirming that.

There was a quote from Edsall about the commitment in which he talked about Diggs being an exciting part of the offense, or something along those lines. I would almost rather see him as a DB, but I am pretty sure he is going to be on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn__davis View Post
    Not sure why MD would block a transfer to Vandy. Not sure they even could it O'Brien has graduated (still have not seen it confirmed that he will), but I admit I don't know those rules very well.
    It's not unusual for a school releasing a player to block them from going to certain other schools. Usually they block them from the other members of the conference, plus any other schools that may be on their upcoming schedule. In the case of Vanderbilt, I think MD might be concerned about contact that may have occurred between Franklin and O'Brien prior to his release. And yes, MD can place such conditions on his transfer, even though he'll have completed his Bachelor's and is entering grad school. If it was just about where DOB gets a Master's from, no one would care....but this is about where he will play football for the next 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Birds of B'more View Post
    It's not unusual for a school releasing a player to block them from going to certain other schools. Usually they block them from the other members of the conference, plus any other schools that may be on their upcoming schedule. In the case of Vanderbilt, I think MD might be concerned about contact that may have occurred between Franklin and O'Brien prior to his release. And yes, MD can place such conditions on his transfer, even though he'll have completed his Bachelor's and is entering grad school. If it was just about where DOB gets a Master's from, no one would care....but this is about where he will play football for the next 2 years.
    Thanks for the info. I know schools usually block in-conference transfers, I just didn't see the rationale to block to Vandy. When you say they're concerned about contact between Franklin and O'Brien, are you talking about a rules violation? And would that be something MD could get in trouble for?

Can anyone drop some information about the Freshman QBs coming in next season? Could either one end up the starter like DOB was as a freshman?